37 best private schools in near London for foreign students. Description, rankings, 2023 fees
- Education information
- Advantages of studying in private schools in suburb of London
- The best private schools in suburbs of London – TOP 3
- Private schools in suburb of London fees for foreign students
- Enrolment requirements in TOP private schools in suburb of London
- Accommodation types in private schools in suburb of London
- Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
- Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
- Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
- Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
- Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
The most popular among foreign teenagers are prestigious schools located in the heart of London or near the British capital. It is in London that social and cultural life flows and develops dynamically. In addition, the main attractions and historical monuments are located on the territory of the British capital.
Near London, a foreign student will be able to choose the best studying option among many leading schools. In particular, preparatory schools, colleges of the 6th form, educational institutions practicing a separate format of education are successfully functioning.
Advantages of studying in private schools in suburb of London
- Teaching in leading schools near London is conducted in English, thereby allowing the students to significantly improve the level of foreign language proficiency, as well as to immerse in a new linguistic and cultural environment.
- High quality level of educational services. Thus, prestigious schools near London hold top positions in international rankings of the best educational institutions. In addition, upon graduation, the graduates freely become students of elite universities in the UK and in the future receive excellent career prospects.
- Truly endless opportunities to visit a variety of museums, galleries, theatres, as well as musicals.
- The proximity to business London, the City creates excellent opportunities for building a promising career.
- High level of security of students.
The best private schools in suburbs of London – TOP 3
- Sevenoaks School (the County of Kent)
An elite private school practices a joint format of education, the year of foundation of which is 1432. It is worth noting that this school is very popular among foreign students, which, in turn, creates a big competition for places. As for accommodation, students live on full board basis. The attention of foreign teenagers is offered to complete 2 educational programs, namely IB and GCSE. The cost of studying during the semester starts from 11,493 pounds, the passage of the international baccalaureate program costs more, amounting to 12,468 pounds.
The British school has created all the necessary conditions for active spending of students' free time, in particular, a modern scientific centre, a swimming pool, a sports hall, as well as a dramatic art centre, which will be especially interesting for creative personalities.
- Stowe School (Buckinghamshire County)
The school enjoys widespread prestige among foreign students, this school pursues the goal of effective academic studying of foreign and local applicants for successful enrolment in top universities in the UK, namely Cambridge and Oxford. To become a student of this elite British private school, you need to have excellent academic performance, as well as speak English at a level not lower than B2. The most diverse creative studios and sports sections are successfully functioning to organize exciting leisure activities for schoolchildren. Each student will be able to pick up something interesting for themselves.
As for the accommodation of foreign teenagers, they live on the territory of 12 comfortable residences. High school students are accommodated in cozy rooms designed for 2-4 children. The cost of tuition during the semester is an average of 11,100 pounds.
- Epsom College
Within the framework of teaching, attention is paid to the qualitative study of foreign languages, mathematics, and information technology. Students study on a full-board basis. The organization of diverse sports sections and creative circles ensures the harmonious and comprehensive development of foreign teenagers. In addition, students are offered free access to modern tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, stables, as well as a dance floor.
Private schools in suburb of London fees for foreign students
The cost of studying in private schools in suburb of London varies depending on the ranking of the institution, the results of graduate exams, prestige, and history. The average cost of education in England: at school and college £14,000-£25,000 per year (full—time - without accommodation), in a boarding house – £30 000 – 50 000 per year in the most expensive, this is the price of the most prestigious private schools in suburb of London.
Enrolment requirements in TOP private schools in suburb of London
The list of documents varies slightly between schools due to small differences in the work of admissions committees of educational institutions near London. But the database of documents — what is required to be collected without fail for admission to all private schools in suburb of London, remains unchanged:
- School annual report cards (grades for the academic year) for the last 2-3 years of study;
- Copy of passport;
- Letters of recommendation from teachers of mathematics, English, director, written in free form with translation into English;
- International language certificate
- Some private schools in Edinburg may require to pass a single Ukiset test - before submitting documents to the school for consideration by the admissions committee;
- School registration forms
- Interview via Skype with applicant.
Accommodation types in private schools in suburb of London
Private schools in suburb of London mainly accept students on boarding conditions: children are offered rooms in a dormitory (residence), elementary school students live in rooms for 4 to 10 people.
It also provides accommodation in "dormitories", which are spacious, partitioned rooms. In the dormitories, each resident has his own corner with a bed, a desk, a small wardrobe for storing personal belongings, shoes, clothes. High school students are accommodated in double and single rooms.
Meals for children of all ages are provided hot three times a day. The menu, as a rule, offers meat, vegetarian, fish, several dishes are served at each meal.
Advantages and disadvantages of English schools
|The opportunity to enter the best universities in England, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Europe, the world||Expensive|
|High quality of education and academic standards||Strong workload|
|Perfect English after graduation||The need to change the social environment; it takes time to adapt|
|Useful contacts||The difficulty of choosing the most suitable school for the child, requires a qualified specialist|
Top 35 best schools in the USA - 2022 Smapse rankings
|1||North Broward Preparatory School|
|2||Phillips Academy Andover|
|3||The Storm King School New York|
|4||Red Bank Catholic High School|
|5||Windermere Preparatory School|
|6||Shattuck St Mary's School|
|11||The Village School|
|12||Amerigo Los Angeles – Bishop Montgomery High School|
|14||Kent School USA|
|15||The Winchendon School|
|17||Marian Catholic High School Amerigo Education|
|19||The MacDuffie School|
|20||CATS Academy Boston|
|21||The Cambridge School of Weston|
|23||Amerigo Education Napa Valley|
|24||American Hebrew Academy|
|25||Northfield Mount Hermon School|
|26||Mater Dei Catholic High School San Diego Amerigo Education|
|27||American University Preparatory School Los Angeles|
|29||Kent School USA|
|31||Maine Central Institute|
|32||The Lawrenceville School|
|33||Grand River Academy Оhio|
|34||Saint John Paul II Academy|
|35||Chicago North Shore|
Top 14 best schools in Switzerland 2022
|1||College Du Leman|
|2||St. Georges School Montreux|
|3||Institut Monte Rosa|
|4||Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz|
|5||Saint-Charles Collège et Lycée|
|6||Leysin American School|
|7||Hochalpines Institut Ftan AG High Alpine|
|8||Aiglon College Switzerland|
|9||Institut Le Rosey School|
|10||Institut Montana Zugerberg|
|12||Brillantmont International School|
|14||Ecole Pre Fleuri|
Top 12 best schools in Canada 2022
|1||Brookes Shawnigan Lake|
|2||Rosseau Lake College|
|4||Columbia International College|
|6||St Andrew's College|
|7||Brentwood College School|
|9||Bodwell High School|
|10||Trafalgar Castle School|
|12||Shawnigan Lake School|
Best boarding schools in England - 2022 Smapse rankings
|1||Cardiff Sixth Form College|
|3||Queen Ethelburga's College|
|5||The National Mathematics and Science College NMSC|
|16||King's School Canterbury|
|17||ACS School Cobham|
|21||King's College St Michael’s|
|22||Mill Hill School|
|32||Prior Park College|
|36||City of London Freemen’s School|
|38||Brooke House College|
|40||St Clare's Oxford|
|42||Royal Russell School|
|48||Royal Hospital School|