California State University-Sacramento
Description of California State University-Sacramento
- Location: Sacramento, USA
- Year of foundation: 1947
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: more than 30 000
- Type of eduaction: mixed.
California State University-Sacramento (CSUS) is a public university, the eleventh in the California State University system. About 30,000 students study here in bachelor's, master's, doctoral programs. The teaching staff gathers highly qualified specialists of their profiles, speakers with world names are regularly invited: in different years, Martin Luther King Jr., Jimi Hendrix, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Jackson performed at the university.
The institution consists of several colleges:
- Art, literature
- Advanced eduaction (continuing education)
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Health, social services
- Natural sciences, mathematics
- Social sciences, interdisciplinary research.
The most popular specialties at the university are nursing, criminal justice, psychology, biological sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in California State University-Sacramento
Accommodation, meals, prices
The residential complex North Village is 2100 residents living in seven buildings, where 1-2-bed rooms are prepared. The buildings are equipped with:
- Wi-Fi access
- Computer classes
- Cable TV
- Study rooms
- Recreation areas: game rooms, cinema halls
- Sports facilities: fitness rooms, swimming pools, team games
- Roof terraces.
The Servery at the Dining Commons and Courtyard Market restaurants serve dishes from different countries.
Hornet Commons is an all-inclusive apartment complex on the south side of campus.
Off-campus, students can rent accommodation at Upper Eastside Lofts. There are lofts with 2-4, 6 bedrooms, kitchens, sports facilities, recreation and self-study areas. Approximately 30% of incoming freshmen live on campus in dormitories, while 25% of students are housed in Upper Eastside Lofts across the street from campus.
The cost of nine-month accommodation in all dormitories depends on the number of neighbors, the type of residential building and the occupancy season - from $ 3,800 to $ 11,400.
Meal plans include a certain number of meals, extra money for shopping in stores. The cost per year is from 1 729 to 5 030 $.
Activities California State University-Sacramento
For students in CSUS organized:
- 21 intercolleal sports: athletics, women's beach volleyball, football, tennis, rowing, various types of wrestling, etc. Sports participate in NCAA Division I
- Public, academic clubs, organizations: national, international, local and regional, cultural and multicultural, political and entertainment.
Students can develop creative skills, research interests, sports advantages in one or more clubs.
CSUS regularly organizes thematic events, festivals in honor of calendar holidays, scientific lectures with invited speakers, field research, hiking trips, social and volunteer work is organized.
- Academic rankings: US News & World Report, Forbes, THE/WSJ, Washington Monthly Magazine
- Fourth Multidisciplinary University in the Western United States
- The campus of the university is recognized as one of the most landscaped in the world
- Cooperation with large organizations, educational institutions.
Facilities and equipment at California State University-Sacramento
The campus is located on an area of 305 acres - this is the sixth largest campus in the university system of California. More than 3500 trees are planted on the territory, there is an arboretum nearby.
The university consists of seven academic colleges and a college of continuing education. On the territory there are:
- Research Center for Academic Information
- Parking for 3000 cars in total
- Hornet Bookstore
- Стадион Eli and Edythe Broad Athletic Fieldhouse
- Residences for accommodation
- Ernest E. Channen Scientific Complex with Planetarium and Observatory
- Informal places for recreation, student rooms, conference rooms, rooms for special events, coffee shops
- Student Health and Counseling Zones
- Fitness studios, playgrounds for team games, swimming pools, etc.
- 30 research centers, public works centers
- The bus station is the main stop for regional transport.
There are several cars on campus that can be rented at any time under the ZipCarU program. CSUS provides public transport plying between academic buildings, dormitories, public places. Students can use many campus services for free thanks to the One Card student card.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are two semesters in the school year: autumn and spring. Exams are held at the end of semesters. Classes are held from Monday to Friday, sometimes on Saturday.
Additional annual expenses include:
- Accommodation, meals
- Books, consumables
- Medical care
- Sections, mugs
- Personal expenses
- Annual contributions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for applicants for bachelor's degree:
- ACT/SAT Testing
- Certificate of secondary education
- Official transcript
- TOEFL certificate (550/80)/ IELTS from 7 if the student is a foreigner
- Registration fee.
Minimum requirements for admission to master's and postgraduate programs:
- Bachelor's and Master's degree (if any)
- Official transcript of courses taken
- GRE/GMAT results
- TOEFL certificate (550/80)/ IELTS from 7 if the student is a foreigner
- 2 letters of recommendation from scientific supervisors
- Registration fee
- Essay/personal statement.
Application dates: October-December, August.
Scholarships California State University-Sacramento
Scholarship programs at CSUS:
- College scholarships, grants from university, state, country: Pella, FSEOG, Cal Grants, etc.
- Scholarships sponsored by external persons, partner organizations
- Loans: federal, direct subsidized, unsubsidized loans
- Financial assistance in emergency cases, in the presence of social criteria
- Awards for students who are successful in research, creativity, sports.
If there is stable academic success, the student can count on any of the scholarships. All students participating in university sports teams are paid financial incentives.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about California State University-Sacramento
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.