British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
Description of British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
- Location: Brighton, East Sussex, UK
- Students age: 12 to 17 years old
- Number of students: 150
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: host family, full board.
BSC Brighton is an English language learning center of the British Study network, which is located in one of the most interesting British cities. Brighton is often called "London by the Sea" because it combines the dynamics of a big city and the relaxed atmosphere of a coastal village.
According to statistics, the youngest population of the United Kingdom lives in Brighton, so the city can safely be called a student and filled with the appropriate atmosphere. This is deserved, because there are two universities on its territory, which means that the annual flow of students here is really big.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
Accommodation, meals, prices
For accommodation during the study period, students are offered accommodation in the host family: young people are allocated a separate room with a capacity of 1 to 3 people. The guest room has all the necessary furniture and a separate bathroom with toilet. Meals are organized in full board - breakfast and dinner with the family, and lunch in a cafe on the school grounds.
This type of accommodation will allow foreign students to plunge into the necessary language atmosphere as quickly as possible and without interruption to practice their spoken English, participating in real life situations.
Activities British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
In their free time, a cultural and entertainment program is organized for students of the center: these are afternoon or evening events that are held once a week + field trips for a full day (every weekend).
Here are a few places that students can see thanks to an excursion program from BSC Brighton:
- Cities London, Oxford, Windsor, Portsmouth, Isle of Wight.
Also, children can walk around the city accompanied by someone from the school staff, because thanks to the good location of the school, interesting places are only a few minutes away.
Facilities and equipment at British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
The territory of the BSC Brighton school is located in the central part of the city, near the Brighton and Hove train stations. From here, the road to London, where Gatwick Airport is located, will take about 50 minutes. Also within walking distance from the training center are the main attractions of the city, and in 15 minutes you can walk to the beach!
Strolling around Brighton and its environs, students from other countries will find many interesting places to visit: a pier with attractions, the Marina area, where there are many seaside cafes, bars and other institutions, the Sea Life Center aquarium and more.
The BSC Brighton training center itself also provides students with only comfortable and modern facilities. On the territory of the school there is a cafe where you can eat, and even your own garden, which overlooks the windows of 14 spacious classrooms. Classes are equipped with modern equipment - computers, spotlights, interactive whiteboards. Wi-Fi is also available throughout the school.
Admission dates and extra charges
Student arrivals take place on Saturdays or Sundays, and classes start on Monday.
The cost of the course includes:
- Standard General Conversational English
- Host family accommodation
- Full board meals
- Weekly entertainment
- Field trip once a week
- Educational materials
- Testing on the day of arrival
- Certificate of completion.
- Registration fee
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 50 GBP
- One way transfer - Heathrow 195 GBP
- One way transfer - Gatwick 145 GBP
- One way transfer - London City 215 GBP
- One way transfer - Luton 245 GBP
- One way transfer - Stansted 240 GBP
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Students and adolescents aged 12 to 17 who speak English at any level from elementary to advanced can become participants in the summer educational program of the BSC Brighton training center. Starting knowledge of students is determined on the day of arrival using special testing. According to its results, there is also a distribution among study groups.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about British Study Centers Brighton Summer Camp BSC
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.