Briercrest Christian Academy
Description of Briercrest Christian Academy
- Year of foundation: 1946;
- Location: Karonport, Saskatchewan, Canada;
- Students age: 15-18 years old;
- Number of students: 135 people;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of study: private school of mixed learning.
Briercrest Christian Academy is a small school with a large school infrastructure. BCA maintains strong bonds between students and educators, provides academic, athletic resources and visual arts opportunities.
Briercrest Christian Academy is a private Christian school supported by the school district. The Academy educates students, promotes their spiritual development, participation in all aspects of school life. A partnership with the school department of Prairie South School allows you to participate in local competitions in the visual arts and athletics.
Briercrest Christian Academy shares a campus with Briercrest College and Seminary in Karonport Village. Karonport is located right off the Trans-Canada Highway, about 15 minutes west of Moose Jaw, an hour west of Regina. Proximity to large cities provides access to places of recreation, trade, excursions, while maintaining the rhythm of life in a small town.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Briercrest Christian Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The BCA Dormitory Program provides students with an excellent opportunity to become part of a close-knit community, forging lasting friendships outside the classroom.
A competent team of staff takes care of students, controls the order in the hostels. Each residence has several educators who provide support, mentoring, apprenticeship and care for high school students. The residency director oversees the college student assistants who live in the high school dorm, serving as youth leaders. The residence is also home to college students who take on the role of older brother / sister and help newcomers.
About 45% of students live in hostels: most of them study in grades 10-12, in some cases - 9th grade students. Two students live in the room, each is provided with a set of furniture - a single bed, a desk, drawers, a wardrobe. There is a shared bathroom on each floor
Activities Briercrest Christian Academy
From BCA On Stage to provincial athletics championships, high school students have the opportunity to pursue passions and develop skills outside of class. BCA offers tons of art opportunities. Whether students love drama, music, art, dance, or just want to try something new, the school offers many ways to develop skills in the arts.
The BCA encourages students to work hard and do well on the court, sports field, and athletics. School teams have achieved great success: the sports program encourages students to grow as athletes, develop leadership qualities, character.
List of sport activities:
Other extracurricular activities:
- Drama Lessons - Participants play roles in several drama productions presented by the class, auditioning for a role in Briercrest's annual Christmas production presented by Briercrest Onstage.
- Art is an opportunity to explore and experiment with many art materials, including pottery, watercolor, and painting. Participants will receive special instructions from visiting teachers who specialize in a specific field.
- The Photography and Design Lesson - One of the Practical and Applied Arts (PAA) options at BCA, allows students to study photography, graphic design, audio and video production.
- Dance - BCA students have the opportunity to take private dance lessons at Briercrest College.
- The BCA Choir performs at local events and church services, and participates in the Christmas production of Briercrest. Students have the opportunity to take a four-day Easter tour and perform at various churches in Saskatchewan.
- Private lessons in vocal and playing the instrument.
- The college band is made up of community members, high school students. The orchestra performs at the Briercrest Christmas production and at a classical music concert.
Every year, students have the opportunity to share their talents from the stage at the Cheesecake Café. This event is open to parents, friends, and community members, giving students the opportunity to gain technical skills and participate in the technical team.
- Briercrest Christian Academy is a high school with optimal sized classes, caring teachers, quality programs.
- Semesters are structured so that students can complete their first year of college courses to facilitate a smoother transition to a local college or university.
- BCA provides a study home for local students, a bus service for students in and around Moose Joe, and a dormitory program for students from all over Canada and the world.
Facilities and equipment at Briercrest Christian Academy
The school is located in a historic building and has a very good infrastructure:
- Educational and sports facilities;
- Conditions for conducting creative classes;
Admission dates and extra charges
List of standard academic fees (compulsory for all students):
- Student activity fee;
- Tuition fee;
- The annual fee.
List of additional charges:
- Accommodation and meals;
- Online security software;
- Insurance deposit;
- Bed linen.
- Application fee;
- Educational deposit.
List of sport activities for additional fee:
- Driving courses.
Additional lessons for extra fee:
- ESL programs;
- Music (10 lessons / 60 min.);
- Workshops piano, vocals, drums;
- Guitar, other instruments;
- Graduation fee.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
General requirements for applicants:
- Successful completion of the previous academic level / class;
- Comply with BCA rules and guidelines;
- Recommendations confirming religious commitment;
- International students must deposit funds to the applicant's Briercrest student account to cover the student's tuition, living expenses and other school fees for the first year of study.
If English is not a native and / or primary language, an English language test will be required, an interview as part of the application process.
Scholarships Briercrest Christian Academy
List of scholarship programs:
- Amber Torgersen Memorial Bursary;
- BCA Student Assistance;
- Donald K. & Kathleen M. Moore Short-term Missionary Scholarship;
- Eliana Celebration Bursary;
- Esther Beck Memorial Bursary;
- Gerald and Daisy Frostad Honorary Scholarship;
- Hall Family Scholarship;
- Memorial Scholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Briercrest Christian Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.