Bethany Private School
Description of Bethany Private School
- Established : in 1866
- Location: Goodhurst, Kent, UK
- Age of students: 11-18 years
- School type: private boarding school
- Total number of students: about 400
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Type of studying: mixed
- Language learning: English.
Bethany School (Private School Bethany School) - a popular British school founded in 1866 by the priest Joseph Kendonom. The monk saw the moral qualities of compassion and mercy as the main qualities of his pupils, which formed the basis of the spirit of this educational institution. Today, the private school of Bethany School is a modern co-educational institution where students and teenagers of any denominations are accepted. The school has its own chapel, where mass is held regularly, with sermons.
The mission of the school is to educate happy people who are able to achieve success in their chosen field, change the world around for the better. The life of the students is filled not only with studies, but also with numerous extracurricular activities - competitions, games, adventures. Highly qualified teachers try to reveal the individuality and talents of each student. During the lessons, students master the academic program, learn to work with the latest technical means, study modern sciences, and acquire the skills necessary for a comfortable life.
Graduates of the school show high academic results. More than 94% of students completing the Sixth Form program enroll at prestigious universities, top institutes, and ranking colleges. Many students decide to pursue a career in art - dramatic art, music, etc.
In 2018, students showed excellent results on the GSCE exam: about 12% got A *, 26% A, 45% B, 82% C. Graduates who passed the A-level exam also received high marks: 3% passed assessment test A *, 20% –A, 50% –B.
Most graduates of the school go to the best universities throughout the country, including:
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of Bath
- University of Central Lankshire
- Rainwensborn College
- University of Oxford-Brooks.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bethany Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students, 5 modern residences are opened on the school campus. Boys and girls live separately. Each hostel is designed for approximately 30 people. High school students are accommodated in cozy single rooms in a separate residence, while junior high school students live in 2- or 4-bed spacious rooms.
For students, the Border has a dining room, offering a wide range of hot dishes, cold snacks. Each hostel is equipped with its own small kitchen, where students can prepare themselves a snack, and a common living room, where you can meet friends, watch TV. On the territory of the Bethany School there is always a medical office where the student can go with any ailments.
Activities Bethany Private School
Bethany School pays considerable attention to the leisure program: the school has numerous circles, sections of different directions, which allows to satisfy the creative, sporting, scientific interests of each student.
Sport plays an important role in the life of students at the Bethany school: at school, we are confident that physical activity plays a large role in the overall development of the student. For students, there are 2 game lessons per week in which all students participate.
Numerous sports sections are opened for students, including netball, rugby, hockey, swimming, rounds, cricket, badminton, football, basketball, English lapte, etc. School students often take part in local and regional competitions. Since 2007, sixth Form students have been offered a unique program that allows equating sports to A-Level subjects: this approach opens up new opportunities for students and adolescents who want to associate their lives with professional sports.
For students, keen on creativity or science, more than 50 clubs are opened:
- Playing musical instruments
- Symphony Orchestra
- Pottery art
- Horse riding lessons
- Candle making
- Courses in first aid
- Film Circle
- Photography, etc.
Bethany School 3 times a week holds leisure activities after school, which everyone can join. Traditionally, on weekends, students can go on interesting excursions, adventure expeditions, going to the cinema or shopping. Bethany Private School offers sightseeing trips to other countries in Europe, the world for its students.
Facilities and equipment at Bethany Private School
The private school Bethany School is located in a park area with scenic views. The road to London takes about an hour by car, train.
The campus of the institution includes academic buildings, residences, administrative buildings, a bright dining room, an equipped drama studio, an art and music school, a chapel, specialized audiences for textile, food industry, IT laboratories, a library, a science center, a medical center.
The sports infrastructure of the school is represented by various sports facilities, including:
- Modern sports complex
- Squash courts
- Tennis courts
- Swimming pool
- A fitness center
- Playgrounds for various sports with artificial lighting
- Rock climbing wall
- Play fields.
Admission dates and extra charges
Prices for studying depend on the chosen program, accommodation option.
The course price already includes:
- Studying in the selected academic program
- Accommodation and meals (when choosing the appropriate program)
- Some extracurricular activities and excursions
- Baby sitting
- Reports on the progress of the student, monitoring the implementation of current tasks
- Educational materials.
Additional costs are:
- Return flight tickets
- Transfer from / to school
- Visa costs
- Consular fee
- Medical insurance
- Extra classes and activities not included in the program
- Guardian services (if necessary)
- Some sightseeing trips
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission applicants must provide the following list of documents:
- Report card for the last 2 years
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English, math
- Recommendations from the class teacher, other teachers (optional)
- Essay on "Why I want to study at the Bethany School"
- Awards for sporting, creative, scientific achievements
- English proficiency test results (for rent at a school / accredited center)
- Additionally, you may need to pass tests in mathematics (at school / accredited center).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bethany Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.