- Leading schools in Dublin for international students
- Studying at prestigious Dublin secondary schools for foreign students
- Study Placement Issues in Ireland
- Education at the best schools in Dublin for foreign students
- How much does it cost to get an elite secondary education in Dublin?
- The organization of the educational process in Dublin ranking schools for foreign students aged 15-17
- Elite School Admission Procedure in Dublin
Leading schools in Dublin for international students
Among foreign teenagers of 14-16 years, Ireland is popular as a prestigious place for high-quality European secondary education. Every year, Dublin accepts for sudying representatives from all over the world. The reasons for the popularity of elite Dublin schools for foreign students:
- high level of comfort
- the friendliness of the Irish
- wide list of educational programs
- rich leisure program.
The educational system of Ireland consists of three levels:
Schoolchildren from 6 to 12 years old study; basic subjects are studied, English and Irish, mathematics + physical education, music, nature studies classes are provided. At the end of their studies, foreign students take a test.
The duration of education is 5-6 years: this educational stage is divided into 2 cycles - Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle.
- Junior Cycle - education lasts three years: some of the subjects are independently selected by students, other disciplines are mandatory for study. At the end of studying exams are taken. Having a prestigious certificate in hand, a graduate can find a job.
- Senior Cycle - foreign teenagers at the age of 16 are studying, planning to enter the top universities in Ireland or in other countries of the world. The duration of education is 2 years.
Children between the ages of 6 and 16 are required to receive prestigious secondary education. Teaching at the best high schools in Dublin is conducted in English, teaching in Irish (Gaelic) is possible.
Studying at prestigious Dublin secondary schools for foreign students
The optimal age for admission to the top schools in Dublin is the interval from 12 to 16 years: it is this age that allows you to avoid stress when adapting to a new linguistic and cultural environment. If a foreign student has not reached 16 years of age and the period of his studies in Ireland exceeds 3 months, he will need a guardian from among the citizens of the country.
Study Placement Issues in Ireland
Accommodation options for the period of study at prestigious high schools in Ireland are determined by the institution itself. Foreign student choose one of 2 options:
- In the host family
- At the school residence.
Each option has its own advantages:
- Homestay is aimed at foreign teenagers who value home comfort and decor.
- Living in a residence provides constant communication with peers representing various countries of the world, which will positively affect cultural development.
Education at the best schools in Dublin for foreign students
The educational process involves conducting classes in a foreign language and academic subjects in the morning. At the same time, these students are actively involved in sports and creativity. After moving to Dublin’s leading secondary school, students select subjects of interest to study — on average, their number varies from 9 to 13 disciplines. In high school, students independently create a list of disciplines of interest.
Regardless of the choice of an educational program, classes are held in both a foreign language and academic subjects. The curriculum has a positive effect on the harmonious development of personal and leadership qualities.
How much does it cost to get an elite secondary education in Dublin?
If we compare with the UK, then studying in the best high schools in Dublin is cheaper, which does not affect the level of educational services. The variability in the cost of secondary education in Dublin is determined by such parameters as geographical location, prestige, positions in international rankings, the saturation of the leisure program, the duration of the academic course, the placement option, etc. On average, the cost of training will be from 220 to 8,000 €.
The organization of the educational process in Dublin ranking schools for foreign students aged 15-17
Secondary education in Ireland is compulsory for children over 6 years of age. Classes begin in September, and the end of the school year falls on June, the school year is divided into trimesters. The Ministry of Education of Ireland is responsible for developing effective educational programs.
Elite School Admission Procedure in Dublin
A foreign student is required to provide the following package of documents:
- Application for admission
- School grades tables for the last 2-3 years of study
- Recommendations from teachers
- Motivation letter
- An international language certificate confirming a high level of English proficiency.