Description of Bedstone college
- Established: in 1948
- Location: Bedston Village, Shropshire, UK
- Age of students: from 11 to 18 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: full day or full board
- Language learning: English.
Located three hours from London, Bedstone College gives its pupils an excellent opportunity to study and live far from the bustle of the big city. Accepting students of all religions and denominations for studying, its main goal is the establishment of a student's holistic personality that harmoniously combines a high level of academic knowledge and cultural education with self-confidence.
The school consistently ranks among the top ten in all of Shropshire, often second in the regional rankings based on the results of the GCSE exams.
Bedstone College is a full-service educational institution where students can start studying from the age of four (while students from other countries can become part of the school only when they reach eleven).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bedstone college
Accommodation, meals, prices
For about half of their students, Bedstone College provides full-time education. There are four residences on the premises:
- 2 for boys;
- 2 for girls.
The tutor and his family also live in each of these buildings. Each student, without exception, as well as his parents, can turn to the tutors at any time to solve his question. All residences on the first floors are equipped with rest rooms, where teenagers can socialize, watch TV, play board games.
The format of the guesthouse provides a full balanced diet, which is provided daily by the school canteen.
Activities Bedstone college
In educational institutions, they are concerned that students can develop all facets of their abilities and talents, so they have the opportunity to practice many types of sports and receive additional education in the field of art and music. For example, students can study:
- Horse riding;
- Musical literacy.
The school has 6 sports teams, ranking in regional and national tournaments:
- Field hockey.
Trying to maintain a balance between classes in classrooms, preparation for them and rest, teachers together with tutors constantly organize outdoor activities: walking or cycling, competitions, open master classes in photography.
For students living at Bedstone College residences, small excursions and trips are often organized on weekends.
- The school is regularly monitored by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) Commission, which guarantees the highest quality academic education.
- A small total number of students (about 200) makes it possible to create a family atmosphere in the institution and truly introduce an individual approach to the needs, weaknesses and strengths of each student in the learning process.
- As a result of state inspections, the school regularly receives the highest marks for the level and quality of teaching, working with parents, the level of education and development of students, as well as for the conditions of study, care for students and safety.
- The school participates in the Herzog Edinburgh Award program, in which students can engage in charity and social projects.
- Year after year, graduates demonstrate excellent results during the GCSE exams : from 67% to 84% of adolescents on average receive grades A to C for each of the five subjects.
Facilities and equipment at Bedstone college
In addition to residences for students and academic buildings on the school are located:
- Research laboratories;
- Art studio;
- Sports complex with a swimming pool and gym;
- Playgrounds for sports.
All equipment in the educational institution meets modern requirements and quality standards, as evidenced by satisfactory estimates of the state commission inspecting independent private schools.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at Bedstone College consists of trimesters:
- Autumn (September 3 - December 6);
- Winter (January 7 - April 5);
- Spring (April 29 - July 6).
In addition to tuition fees, parents need to consider additional expenses:
- Registration fee;
- Bank deposit;
- Payment of examination testing;
- Contribution to the development of the school;
- Medical insurance;
- Visa fees;
- Excursions, trips, events;
- Additional extracurricular lessons.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in an educational institution at Bedstone College, you must provide a complete set of documents, pass tests in English and mathematics. For students who want to study under the A-level program, you must have English at IELTS 5.0 level .
Since the school does not position itself as an institution for the education of selected students, but is proud to accept all students and is able to reveal the talents of each student, the administration does not provide for additional exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bedstone college
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.