At the University of Basel or BASEL - the status of a higher education institution. The history of the Swiss university is very ancient and dates back to 1460. The central building is located in Basel, right next to the River Rhine. This is a pretty picturesque place to get knowledge. The university has a modern interior in which students feel comfort and coziness.
Basel is one of the top ten universities in the country and is one of the prestigious and ancient universities around the world. According to the international rating, it is included in 5% of the most honorable and popular educational centers. The educational institution can please a lot of directions, of which the most popular are the "Humanities", "Sociology", "Complexly-mathematical" disciplines. On the quality of teaching is one of the best, it is quoted almost in all countries of the world, and also belongs to the TOP-300 in the world rating. Graduates from this university employ employers around the world take almost with an absolute guarantee. The diploma of this institution is quite in demand on the Swiss labor market.
The academic year, consisting of two semesters, does not differ in structure from other classical forms of higher education. Training at the University of Basel costs less than $ 2,000 per year, which is quite cheap for a country like Switzerland. Bachelor students who plan to obtain a master's degree should be counted on the amount of 1700 y. for the year of study. This institution offers financial assistance to students.
BASEL is an educational institution of average occupancy. Its main workload is 12 thousand students. The admission committee receives applications from local and foreign citizens. To date, more than a quarter of students are foreigners. The academic composition of the university consists of 1,000 specialists. Most of the teachers came from abroad. Students can take part in exchange programs for students and learn how the training takes place in other countries, gain a wide range of experience. On the territory of the university there is a large library where students replenish their knowledge using the entire arsenal of printed and electronic publications. As for living conditions, the institution provides hostels for all nonresident students.
The bachelor's program at the university is represented by the following main areas:
Master's program at the University is represented by the following main areas:
|Cost of living|| $ 1,260-2,301 USD / month |
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.