Description of Bangor University
- Year of foundation: 1884
- Location: United Kingdom
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 9000 people
- Age of students: 17+ years.
- Type of education: State University.
The University of Bangor, founded in 1884 and dedicated to teaching students for over 130 years, is one of the oldest and most prestigious educational institutions in the UK. He is in the top 40 among British universities, according to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014. REF recognized more than three-quarters of Bangor's studies as leading in the world and making a significant contribution to international science.
According to the latest results of the National Student Survey (NSS 2018), Bangor is among the ten best universities in the UK in terms of student satisfaction (with the exception of specialized institutions).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bangor University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Bangor University has 2,960 places to accommodate, all rooms are self-catering, most with a private bathroom. For students living in dormitories, visits to the gym are available, participation in Campus Life events.
Types of accommodation:
- Standard rooms with shared bathrooms
- Rooms with private bathrooms
Cost of living - 520-975 £ / month.
Activities Bangor University
Student life at the University of Bangor is diverse: the university offers more than 150 clubs, societies, student unions, covering a wide range of interests, sports, where everyone will find something for themselves. Club membership is free - all students can take advantage of the extracurricular activities offered. Bangor University clubs and societies were named the best in the UK at the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2019.
The University Student Center offers students help and support from the moment they arrive. The center provides counseling, advice on finding housing, financial issues, support for students with special needs - physical disabilities, dyslexia, learning difficulties, the need to ensure religious needs. Each year, hundreds of second and third year students master the skills of peer guides to welcome new students in Bangor and give practical advice that will help them get started.
The advantage of Bangor University is its location next to the mountains and the sea, called the best university location in the UK. In 2016, North Wales was named the 4th best region in the world to visit with the Lonely Planet guide. The advantages of the area include a good geographical position, new sports facilities, rich opportunities for active recreation.
Bangor University is known as one of the most environmentally-friendly universities in the world - it is one of the three greenest universities in the world according to Universitas Indonesia UI Green Metric. The university has created its own laboratory for sustainable development: the main activities are high-quality education, research, participation in social projects, and ensuring sustainability.
Facilities and equipment at Bangor University
The Pontio Center for Arts and Innovation includes educational institutions, a theater, a cinema, a bar, a cafe and an innovative learning space, and student clubs are also located here. The campus is equipped with sports facilities, open and closed areas for contact sports, fitness, etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees at Bangor University:
- Undergraduate - from £ 13,200
- Graduate - from £ 14,000
- Doctorate - from £ 13,000
- Preparatory programs - from £ 4900
- Tuition deposit - £ 2000
- Prepayment for housing - £ 300.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Bangor University has the following requirements for applicants:
- English proficiency level - from 6.0 (IELTS) / equivalent. Individual programs require a higher level of language proficiency.
- High School Graduation Certificate - A-Level, International Baccalaureate or documents about completing the 1st year of another university, professional experience of 2 years or more for admission to some undergraduate programs
- Recommendations from the previous place of study, work (for studying business management)
For students whose certificate does not meet the requirements, Bangor University offers to study at the Year Zero program at the Bangor International College (BIC).
For admission to graduate courses in graduate school requires a bachelor's degree, equivalent to the standard of the British educational system.
Scholarships Bangor University
- Bangor International Scholarships - £ 12,000
- Scholarships for graduates, students, family discounts - £ 1000.
Scholarships for masters:
- Bangor International Scholarships - £ 4000
- Scholarships for graduates, students, family discounts - £ 1000
- Santander - £ 5000
- Commonwealth Scholarship (MSc Tropical Forestry only) - £ 14550
- Chevening Partnership Scholarship - full payment
- OPEC Fund for International Development - full payment.
Scholarships for doctoral students:
- Bangor International Scholarships - from £ 4000
- Scholarships for graduates, students, family discounts - £ 1000.
Literature and references
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Bangor University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.