Aquinas American High School in Spain
Description of Aquinas American High School in Spain
- Location: Pozuelo de Alarcón, Spain,
- Year of foundation: 2012,
- Number of students: more than 740,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Aquinas American School High School (AAS) is a Catholic school that offers several programs for high school students. Education combines the British and Spanish approaches, preparing students for continuing education both in the UK and in colleges in Spain.
The institution belongs to the educational group Mathema Education, founded in 2012. The head of the school manages two international educational institutions: the British School of Navarra and the AAS branch in Malaga.
About 740 students study on campus, including more than 350 attending high private school in Spain. Disciplines are taught by a team of highly qualified teachers - more than 80 subject specialists teach and prepare high school students for admission to universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Aquinas American High School in Spain
Accommodation, meals, prices
An 11-minute walk from the school buildings is the school dormitory. Students live in double rooms with bathrooms and have the opportunity to use the entire common infrastructure of the building: a gym with a swimming pool, walking areas, lounges and a cafeteria.
Students are provided with three meals a day on a regularly changing menu. Professional chefs work in the kitchen, taking into account all the dietary and medical characteristics of students. Students can choose the dishes that suit them, buy snacks and drinks in the cafeteria.
Accommodation in the residence is included in the annual cost of the program.
Activities Aquinas American High School in Spain
The school has a large-scale international program of the Getafe Football Academy, which provides students with professional preparation for the start of a sports career. Training takes place on a full-size football field and in several indoor halls under the guidance of experienced professionals.
Sports and physical health play an important role in school life, so both individual and group athletics training are included in the schedule of students. National teams in all sports represent the school in city and national competitions under the symbol of the Bear.
Students in grades 10-12 have the opportunity to participate in the entrepreneurship program: they will be able to develop the skills that will be needed in the future, as well as build a real business. Students create and develop a startup according to their own idea, working in a team of professionals and classmates. The best projects claim to receive investments at the final event.
Creative students have access to music and drawing circles. Playing musical instruments, choir membership, voice production and musical literacy training, participation in exhibitions and galleries - all this will allow students to develop skills and show the world their skills.
- More than 40 nationalities among students,
- The ratio of teachers to students is 12:1,
- All required accreditations, including permission to teach the IB Diploma program,
- Accommodation and many services are included in the cost of programs,
- Exchange and cooperation program with the SCHOOL USA.
Facilities and equipment at Aquinas American High School in Spain
The school's campus is located in Pozuelo de Alarcón, in a quiet and prestigious area of Monte Alina. This place is considered one of the beautiful and safe suburbs of Madrid thanks to the natural beauties and many areas for relaxation.
On the territory of ASS prepared:
- Lecture classes with interactive equipment,
- Practical laboratories with materials for projects,
- Computer room,
- Dining room and cafeteria,
- Coworking for self-study,
- Gym with swimming pool,
- Full-size football and several small fields for basketball and volleyball,
- Free parking for students,
- Residential buildings,
- Walking areas.
Admission dates and extra charges
There are several semesters in the academic year, during which several weeks of holidays are organized. Students rest on national and international holidays, as well as in summer.
Classes are held on weekdays.
The annual fee for the year includes:
- International health insurance,
- Accommodation in a dormitory,
- Three meals a day,
- All textbooks and necessary literature,
- School uniform: two items of clothing,
- College counseling for grades 11 and 12,
- Academic leadership,
- Activities and excursions.
In addition, you must pay:
- IB Diploma program fee – 2000€,
- Contribution for foreigners from non-EU countries – 2000€,
- Refundable deposit to cover unforeseen expenses (medicines, clothing, transport and others) – 1000 €.
Students who do not need to live on campus will have to pay:
- Administrative fee – 1500€,
- Registration fee – 375€,
- Deposit – 500€,
- Admission to living rooms – 120€ per month.
Step-by-step process for admission to AAS:
- Visit campus with an introductory tour or contact the admissions office for an online consultation,
- Fill out an application on campus or in online format, provide the required documents,
- Pass an interview and an entrance test for academic abilities,
- Pay the necessary contributions and deposits,
- Expect official confirmation of enrollment.
Graduates of high school programs enter the best universities in Spain (66%), the USA (11%), the UK (5%) and other countries. Most often, they choose the following areas for continuing education:
- Business, Finance and Law – 45%,
- Engineering, computer science – 17%,
- Arts, social sciences – 10%,
- Health sciences – 1%.
Among the universities are leading:
- Complutense University of Madrid,
- Polytechnic University of Madrid,
- The University of St. Joseph's Louis
- Radford University,
- Columbia University,
- European School of Economics and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign applicants must provide:
- Personal documents: passport or birth certificate, health insurance, visa or residence permit,
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers of the previous school,
- Report on academic performance for the last two years,
- Results of the individual interview,
- Motivation letter describing personal interests and achievements,
- The result of the Duolingo language test with a score of at least 120.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Aquinas American High School in Spain
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.