American University in Dubai
Description of American University in Dubai
- Established: 1995
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Language of instruction: Arabic, English
- Number of students: 3000
- Type: private.
The American University was established in 1995: it is still the only accredited American university in the Gulf countries. The main student body is local residents and foreigners who want to get an American education.
The institution has been accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in American University in Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
A large amount of funds from the university’s budget was spent on the construction of a comfortable hostel for more than 500 students. High-speed Internet operates throughout the territory, sports complexes are built separately for men and women, laundry facilities, study rooms, modern kitchens and dining rooms are working.
- University strives to adhere to American policy and academic practice
- The main goal is to provide support to students in the pursuit of further education.
- For students whose language level is lower than required, English courses are available
- Students whose performance is “Excellent” have the opportunity to receive grants from Nokia
- The development of students' skills in teamwork and social existence
- The policy of introducing innovative programs.
Facilities and equipment at American University in Dubai
Dubai is a tourist center in the Persian Gulf. The campus is located in the city itself, the hostel and the library are in close proximity to the educational building.
Classrooms are equipped with computer and interactive technology, sports complexes, reading rooms, cafeterias and shops work.
The American University library deserves special attention, the fund of which totals more than 150 thousand items.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the American University of Dubai, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education
- TOEFL certificate confirming the required level of a foreign language (min. 550 / CAT 213 or 4.0 TWE or Internet Based 79-80 / w24)
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers.
In addition, you need to pay:
- Registration fee
- Package of visa documents
- Health insurance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about American University in Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.