Description of Columbia College
- Founded: 1936
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Rating in the country: 156
- Language of instruction: English.
Columbia College prepares thousands of students from all over the world for admission to universities in the USA and Canada. It is located in the heart of Vancouver.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Columbia College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are given the opportunity to live in host families, and they can also rent their own housing - an apartment or apartments. The cost of homestay is $ 925 per month for students over 19 years of age, for students under $ 1000 per month.
Activities Columbia College
The college management regularly organizes various extra-curricular activities after classes: parties, excursions, circles, much attention is paid to sports events.
Facilities and equipment at Columbia College
The territory of Columbia College is equipped with everything necessary for classes. Students can study independently in the center and library, where there are various materials for preparing for exams. Equipped buildings for practicing various sports: basketball, football, badminton, volleyball, swimming. Between classes, students can relax in comfortable lounges with a TV, board games and snacks.
Columbia College has its own laboratories and 4 computer rooms.
Admission dates and extra charges
All programs start 3 times a year: in September, January and May. The academic year is divided into 2 semesters - winter and summer.
Additional costs for transportation, medical insurance and other necessary things are about $ 4000 per semester.
- Deposit for a course/programme 12900 CAD
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 200 CAD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to college, you must provide a school certificate or an extract with grades from the school. You will also need a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language - IETLS, TOEFL - or passing the internal college exam.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Columbia College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.