- Year of study at universities in Toronto: obtaining a bachelor's and master's degree
- Tuition at Toronto schools for foreign students: which school is better?
- Year of English for Children and Adults, Toronto Language Camps for Russians
- Tuition fees in Toronto after completing grades 9,10,11
- Examples of educational institutions, the cost of education in schools and universities of Toronto
Toronto is a large city in Canada, located on the shores of Lake Ontario, which is popular with foreign students: the cost of studying at schools and universities in Toronto for foreign students is much lower than in the United States or Great Britain, and the quality of education is at the same high level. It houses prestigious Canadian schools, colleges and universities that offer the best academic and linguistic programs for students, including the opportunity to spend a year of study in Toronto with maximum benefit and effectiveness.
In Toronto you can get not only a good education, but also visit many historical and cultural attractions, amazing beauty of natural sites throughout the country: Niagara Falls, Banff National Park, Canadian Cordillera, Yoho National Park, Thousand Islands National Park. Students are happy to participate in excursions and travel across the country while studying for long-term or short-term programs.
Year of study at universities in Toronto: obtaining a bachelor's and master's degree
Standard stages of study in Canada for higher and postgraduate education:
Also in Toronto there is a Certificate program designed for one year of study, which represents the basic level of higher education, after which students can start working.
The duration of the undergraduate program is on average 4 years, and the cost of studying at the universities of Toronto for foreign students is at least 14,200 CAD $ / year.
Popular destinations at leading Toronto universities:
- information Technology
- creative specialties (floristry, music creation, 3D animation)
- fashion, design
- aviation technology
- law, finance
- hotel business and tourism
- international relationships
- software development.
Master's program is the next stage of study after receiving a bachelor's degree, which allows you to learn more about the chosen specialty. The duration is approximately 1-2 years, at the end of the graduate receives a master's degree.
Tuition at Toronto schools for foreign students: which school is better?
Foreign students can start studying at a Canadian school from grade 1 or join at any stage. The learning process is formed based on the chosen education system: in Toronto, you can study according to the national system of education with an OSSD diploma or the American system with a High School Diploma + Advanced Placement diploma. Graduation of a school with a national education system is confirmed by the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) diploma: to receive it, you need to earn 30 educational loans - one loan corresponds to one subject, and some of the subjects are core.
Toronto has a large selection of schools for foreign students:
- private school with day attendance;
- boarding school;
- Public School.
Most often, Russians and foreigners choose private schools and schools with a full boarding system, which allows them to communicate more closely with their classmates, attend electives on school grounds and spend free time with new friends. Such a way of life has a positive effect on students, who thus adapt to independent life and in the future more easily adapt to life in a foreign country.
Tuition in Toronto schools is from 14,400 CAD $ / year.
Year of English for Children and Adults, Toronto Language Camps for Russians
There are several types of language camps in Toronto :
- spring / autumn;
- seasonal (thematic limited programs, Christmas courses, etc.).
The most common summer programs, but thanks to the developed winter sports in Canada, students are happy to attend winter English courses.
For students who want to pass the language exam, specialized courses for preparing for tests are organized: the learning process includes not only theoretical and practical classes, but also psychological preparation and tips on how to correctly perform specific tasks of a particular test. Popular linguistic exams:
- FCE (First Certificate in English);
- CPE (Certificate of proficiency in English);
- CAE (Certificate in Advanced English).
For adults with an advanced level of knowledge of the English language, professional courses are available:
- business English;
- English for work.
Tuition fees in Toronto after completing grades 9,10,11
After completing grades 9, 10, and 11, students can continue their studies at the University Pathway Program, a course to prepare students for admission to universities in Canada and the United States for a duration of 12 weeks to one year of study. This program in a fairly short time allows you to increase the language and academic level, fill in the gaps and bring knowledge in accordance with Canadian national educational requirements for further studies at the university. Despite the fact that foreign students can enter Canadian universities immediately after graduating from 11th grade, they often enter a preparatory course, where they take into account all the features of teaching foreign students to adapt to the foreign education system.
Tuition for foreign students is from 310 CAD $ / week or 14,400 CAD $ / year.
Examples of educational institutions, the cost of education in schools and universities of Toronto
- ILSC Toronto is a popular language school with the study of English, where special courses of various directions are available: humanitarian, communicative, business, preparation for exams. Students over 16 years old are invited to the programs, all teachers are native speakers. Tuition at a school for foreign students - from 320 CAD $ / week.
- Seneca College Toronto - a unique Canadian university that has, in addition to standard forms of study - undergraduate and graduate programs - conducts a special one-year program for mastering professional skills in one year of study. After completing 2 courses at Seneca College Toronto, a student can transfer to any university in Canada immediately to the third year of undergraduate studies. The cost of studying at a university for foreign students is from 13,200 CAD $ / year.