In one year of study in Lausanne, you can completely immerse yourself in the linguistic and cultural environment of Switzerland, and linguistic and academic programs will allow you to acquire a large store of knowledge that will open up many new life opportunities. Lausanne is a romantic Swiss town with a lot of cultural attractions and a rich history. On its streets you can walk for a long time and enjoy the amazingly beautiful architecture in the Gothic style.
For centuries, studying at schools and universities in Lausanne has received good reviews from graduates from all over the world, and the variety of short-term courses and long-term programs will surprise even the most demanding student. Graduates of schools and universities have vivid impressions and emotions from the time spent in Geneva: in addition to studying, they travel a lot, meet interesting people, go in for sports, creativity and self-development.
Year of study at universities in Lausanne: obtaining a bachelor's and master's degree
It should be borne in mind that Swiss universities impose strict requirements on foreign students for admission, but especially gifted applicants can receive a grant or a scholarship to cover the cost of education in part or in full. Swiss teachers are high-level specialists, many of whom have achieved outstanding results in professional fields. Students often come to Lausanne to graduate in the following areas:
- restaurant industry;
- hotel business;
- hospitality industry;
- Luxe class service;
- marketing management;
- management of banks, real estate.
The average cost of studying at the universities of Lausanne for foreign students in the undergraduate program is - from 19,475 ₣ / year, according to the master's program - from 34,890 ₣ / 16 months.
Tuition at Lausanne schools for foreign students: which school is better?
Typically, young children enter Lausanne schools from the age of 7: up to 10 years old, they are in primary school, at 11 years old they are transferred to secondary school and continue to study according to the standard education system up to 14 years old in English or French. It is worth noting that bilingual education is widespread in Switzerland, so many students are fluent in these two languages. The cost of studying at a primary or secondary school of Lausanne for foreign students will be approximately 41,000 ₣ / semester.
Upon reaching the age of 14, students choose the educational system according to which they would like to continue their education after grades 8, 9, and 10 — it is worthwhile to approach the choice very responsibly if the student is planning to continue their studies at a foreign university. Each university has its own particularities of study and often upon admission gives priority to a certain international diploma.
Tuition fees in Lausanne after graduating from grades 9,10,11
Over the age of 14, students choose the type of program for further education - in Switzerland, private schools provide probably the largest choice compared to other countries! Types of long-term high school programs in Lausanne schools:
- Swiss Federal Maturite (16-18 years old)
- High School Diploma + Advanced Placement (16-18 years old)
- GCSE (14-16 years old)
- A-Level (16-18 years old)
- International Baccalaureate (16+)
- French Baccalaureate (16-18 years old).
Most of the above courses allow students to study specialized subjects at an advanced level in order to prepare for entering the university for the chosen specialty. Each education system has unique teaching methods and techniques. The cost of studying in Lausanne high schools for foreign students is from 20,000 ₣ / semester to 40,000 ₣ / semester.
Year of study in English for foreign students: language camps and schools for foreign students
“How to effectively and quickly teach a child a foreign language?” - this is what most parents think about, who want their children to speak a foreign language from childhood. By far the most productive teaching method is a complete immersion in the language environment under the supervision of experienced teachers and daily communication with native speakers. In the afternoon, students attend classes - education is carried out in the game, while talking on topics of interest, watching movies, listening to audio files - and in their free time, they begin practical exercises in real life. In Lausanne, the following courses are available:
- french for kids;
- English for children;
- preparation for DELF;
- business french.
The minimum tuition for learning French at Lausanne's language schools for foreign students is 946 ₣ / 2 weeks, English courses from 510 ₣ / week.
Examples of educational institutions, the cost of education in schools and universities of Lausanne for foreign students
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne - the hotel management school maintains partnerships with many Swiss, European and global companies, organizing internships and subsequent employment for students. Undergraduate and graduate programs are taught in both English and French (the summer academic course “English and Hotel Business” is also available for students aged 16-20). Tuition for the short-term program - from 4,400 ₣ / week, for the long-term - from 19,475 ₣ / year
- Ecole Nouvelle de la Suisse Romande Lausanne is a private boarding school for students from 11 years old: in high school, students themselves choose which education system they want to study and which diploma to receive: a Swiss matriculation certificate or an international baccalaureate. Particular attention is paid to the development of linguistic skills among foreign students - graduates are fluent in several languages. The cost of studying at the Lausanne school for foreign students is from 31,550 ₣ / semester.