Wollo University was founded in 2007. This is a state university that is currently implementing a reorganization program in order to enter the top five universities in Ethiopia by 2025. The main goal of the educational institution is to become a center for training and research in various fields in order to satisfy the growing demand for skilled labor in the country.
The university consists of two campuses: the main one is in Dessie, and the Kombolcha campus is in the city of the same name, about 26 kilometers southeast of the Dessie campus. The campus of Kombolcha has been operating since 2011: he was assigned a strategic role in the developing industrialization of the city as a whole and the district in which it is located. Over time, an increasing number of students began to enter Kombolchu, which implied higher requirements for curricula, teaching staff, and material equipment. Given the fast pace of growth and development, Ethiopia's Ministry of Education has granted the campus the status of Kombolcha Institute of Technology.
Dessie's main campus is located in an area that has historical, anthropological and archaeological significance. This region also has rich cultural and literary traditions and achievements: four musical directions arose here, several famous writers, artists and philosophers have grown.
The campus is located on the campus, including:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.