Ethiopia's Higher State Educational Institution - Jimma University (JU) - was founded in 1999 by the merger of the Institute of Medical Sciences and the College of Agriculture. Both institutions were national leaders in their respective fields. JU has become a center of intellectual and academic activity that attracts thinkers, innovators, educators and leaders from all over the country.
The university offers undergraduate educational programs in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
The MBA program is designed to meet the global trend and meets the ever-growing demand for highly qualified professionals who can occupy senior positions at various levels of the organization. JU MBA provides:
The university offers doctoral programs in the following areas:
The institution provides a hostel to its students.
The main campus of the university is located in the largest city of southwestern Ethiopia - Jimme.
University infrastructure includes:
JU is equipped with modern laboratory equipment:
The university has a two-semester academic year. Classes begin in September and January.
Some educational programs include an extra summer semester starting in July.
To enter the university you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.