Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
Description of Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
- Location: Somerset, United Kingdom
- Dates: July 10-August 28
- Minimum duration: 1 week
- Age of students: 7-12 and 13-18 years
- Language of instruction: English.
Wells Cathedral School is one of the best options to spend the summer in the UK! On the basis of this prestigious school in the summer holidays there is a respectable and popular camp, which is chosen by children from all over the world.
This is one of the oldest schools in the world – according to some documents, it was founded almost 1100 years ago! During the main academic year, it is a prestigious school of joint education with a musical bias: here children can receive not only academic, but also high-quality musical education. The ratio of teachers to students is 1: 6.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Summer School students occupy residences on campus, housed in beautiful eighteenth-century historic buildings surrounded by traditional British gardens. Cozy rooms (for 2-3 or more people), comfortable common living rooms for rest and communication - this is a combination of historical flavor and the usual modern amenities, including WiFi.
Boarding meals are organized in the common dining room: three times a day students gather to enjoy British and European cuisine. Breakfasts (continental and traditional British), lunches and dinners with a variety of hot dishes, a salad buffet, packed lunches on the days of excursions and trips - everything is fresh and healthy. Dietary, vegetarian and religious meals can be arranged upon prior request.
Activities Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
Extracurricular, extracurricular activities are designed not only to entertain students. They will help to liberate, quickly remove the language barrier and fear of speaking a foreign language, expand communicative opportunities. Practicing English every day in a variety of settings, students will speak so quickly that they won't notice!
- Sports games, tournaments, competitions
- Arts & Crafts
- Murder Mystery Game
- Rock climbing
- Talent Show
- Parties and discos on Saturdays
- Beach Volleyball
- Cooking classes
- Lipsink battles
- Shoot your own movies and videos
- Photo hunting and photo contest
- Team competitions
- Treasure Hunt Game
Children love to go on excursions, it is always one of the most long-awaited moments of summer shifts:
- Sightseeing tour of Oxford, boat trip along the river
- Thorp Park Amusement Park
- A trip to London, including an overnight stay and an immersive show
- Coastal holidays in Weston-Super-Mare
- Manchester, Old Trafford Stadium, Chill Factor Year-Round Ski Resort
- Nottingham, a themed walk in the footsteps of Robin Hood
- Surrey, water sports
- Windsor Castle
- Hampton Court Palace
- GoApe Entertainment Centers
- Sightseeing tour of York
- The ArcelorMittal Orbit observation tower in London and much more.
Facilities and equipment at Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
On campus, everything necessary for living, studying and leisure is prepared for children:
- Modern, well-equipped classrooms and lecture halls
- Sports hall with climbing wall
- Indoor swimming pool (25 meters)
- Tennis courts
- Stage with a hall for 350 spectators
- Drama studios
- Music studios
- All-weather fields and playgrounds for sports and games.
Admission dates and extra charges
The Summer School offers a free group transfer from Heathrow and Gatwick airports during set hours. If you need an individual transfer, its cost is paid separately (the price is indicated for a one-way trip):
- Heathrow = 120£
- Gatwick = 120£
- Stansted = 120£
- Birmingham = 130£
- Manchester = 180£
- East Midlands = 150£.
What is already included in the price of programs:
The price already includes:
- Transfers (airport)
- Accommodation and meals (residence, full board)
- English Course – 15 lessons per week
- Dramatic Art Course
- 2 full-day excursions per week (including an overnight stay in an ancient castle!)
- Extracurricular leisure and entertainment.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Wells Cathedral School Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.