Wayne State University
Description of Wayne State University
- Established: 1 8 68 year
- Location: Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Age of students: from 17 years
- Number of students: 20,000 people
- Type of education: joint, mixed
- Accommodation Type: Residence
- English language.
Wayne State University ( WSU ) - American State University, founded in 1868 in Michigan. His story begins with the merger of several colleges: the Detroit Medical College (1869), the Detroit School of Teacher Training (1881), and Old Maine with university courses. The courses subsequently grew to two colleges, which became the basis of today's college of liberal arts and sciences. In 1933, the Educational Board of Detroit merged these colleges and several others into one university, which was named the Wayne University. The university continued to grow and develop, opening the School of Social Work (1935), the Law School (1927) and the School of Business (1946), and in 1956 the university was accredited by a state institution.
Today, the structure of the university includes 13 schools and colleges, where more than 400 curricula are available for education:
- Mike Ilic School of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Arts and Communications
- high school
- College of Excellence Irwin D. Reid
- School of Information Science and Technology
- College of Humanities
- School of Law
- Medical school
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences
- School of social work.
Wayne State University is the third largest state university and one of America’s 30 largest universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wayne State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
WSU students are accommodated in comfortable and modern student residences on the campus of the university. Young people eat in the canteen on campus or in catering establishments outside of it.
Activities Wayne State University
The university is actively developing extracurricular activities of students - for this , more than 400 associations, organizations and clubs with different types of activity operate on the basis of WSU .
On the basis of the University of Wayne, such urban cultural events as the Detroit Art Festival and the Detroit-Windsor International Film Festival are held annually. Last year alone, more than 6 thousand events took place!
On the basis of the University WSU is well developed sports direction - there are male or female sports teams in various sports:
- Swimming and diving
- Track & Field
Facilities and equipment at Wayne State University
The campus of Wayne University is located in Detroit: its area is more than 800 thousand square meters. and includes more than a hundred educational buildings, research centers and buildings.
The territory of the university is located in the very center of the city - right next to the cultural urban sites, the sports center and companies of employers from various fields.
Admission dates and extra charges
Cost of programs:
- Undergraduate - from $ 20000 / year
- Master - from $ 20,000 / year.
- Registration fee - from $ 30 to $ 70
- Accommodation and meals - $ 1000-1500
- Personal expenses
- Medical insurance
- Air tickets in two directions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to Wayne University, the applicant's progress and entrance exam results are taken into account. If you are a candidate from other countries, you also need to have a minimum list of documents:
- Application on the university website
- High school diploma
- English proficiency test results (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Evaluation at the previous place of study (for 2-3 years).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Wayne State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.