University of Toledo
Description of University of Toledo
- Year of foundation: 1872
- Location: Toledo, USA
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 20,500 people
- Age of students: 17+ years.
- Type of study: State University.
The University of Toledo is a state research university that educates 20,500 students in picturesque campuses recognized as objects of national significance. The University of Toledo is one of Ohio's 14 state universities: it was founded in 1872, became part of the state university system in 1967, and in July 2006 merged with the Ohio Medical University to become the third largest public institution of the state. The educational institution is accredited by the Higher Education Commission and offers more than 300 undergraduate, graduate and vocational education programs. The most popular academic courses at the University of Toledo are: business management, engineering, and jurisprudence.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Toledo
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of Toledo offers on-campus accommodation in several comfortable residences:
- Academic house
- Carters hall
- Hortons international house
- Mackinnon hall
- Mccomas village
- Ottawa house
- Parks tower
- Presidents Hall
- Scott and Tucker Halls.
The residential infrastructure of the educational institution consists of nine campuses on campus with a choice of traditional and improved accommodation options:
- The traditional option includes rooms with shared bathroom.
- Superior - apartment with 2-3 bedrooms, living room and bathroom.
Standard set of services in the residences of Toledo University:
- Bedroom furniture - single bed, desk, chair, dresser, wardrobe
- Secure Rocket ID access only for maps at all entrances to the building
- Internet access in all rooms, wired and wireless
- Staff in rooms, reception 24/7
- Dining near or near each residence
- Cable TV in each bedroom
- Computer labs with printers
- Laundry rooms
- Lounge, conference rooms
- Recreation areas with gaming equipment, board games
The school offers meal plans for students, students, or residents on campus. The campus has two dining rooms, many local and national catering outlets, two grocery stores.
Activities University of Toledo
Over 350 student clubs, associations, and a number of organizations for foreign students operate on campus. The University of Toledo has more than 30 organizations focused on involving students in social projects, academic communities.
The University of Toledo hosts major annual events including the Music Fest, Songfest, Homecoming and the annual dance marathon.
If you want to spend time with friends or between classes, there are plenty of places on the territory - from Starbucks to special spaces for recreation.
The Carlson Library is six floors of computers, magazines, books, AV materials. The ground floor information fund has 150 computers and is open around the clock from Sunday evening to Friday. The student recreation center offers workouts on basketball and volleyball courts, a climbing wall, weight equipment, cardiovascular exercises, and physical education classes. The campus has an Olympic-sized sports pool, a diving pool, a hot tub, a sauna, and a water slide.
- The University of Toledo is included in 5% of the most famous and prestigious educational institutions on the planet, in the list of the best research universities in the world according to the Times Higher Education rating.
- The University of Toledo is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, one of six independent US agencies that evaluate the quality of public universities.
- The program of combining education and work of the Faculty of Engineering Sciences entered the top of the best in its category according to the World Association for Cooperative Education.
- The Faculty of Business and Innovation is rated among the top 100 business schools for US undergraduates according to the Bloomberg Business week.
- The prestigious Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toledo, offers the only undergraduate degree in cosmetology and formulation design in the United States.
- Students can choose among day, evening and online forms of education.
- The university is one of the 27 state universities in the country offering academic undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the following areas:
- Art and writing
- Business and Innovation
- Health and Social Services
- Medicine and Life Sciences
- Natural sciences and mathematics
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Facilities and equipment at University of Toledo
Academgorodok consists of nine modern dormitories + on campus there is a Gothic bell tower, a student recreation center, a modern center, Memorial Feald House, a football stadium, a basketball and sports complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees at Toledo University for a bachelor's program for international students:
Full time and general tuition (9 months)
Living expenses (campus)
International Student Scholarship
The total cost of the visit with a scholarship
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The University has the following requirements for academic readiness of applicants:
- 15 ACT / 830-870 SAT, minimum 2.5 GPA
- 16 ACT / 880-910 SAT, minimum 2.0 GPA.
All students (with the exception of GED holders) must send official documents from the school to the student admissions department at the time of application.
Pupils for whom English is not native must prove sufficient for learning the level of oral and written English.
Scholarships University of Toledo
The University of Toledo offers several scholarships for academic excellence to cover a substantial portion of tuition:
- $ 14,500 - Toledo Excellence Scholarship and Rocket Nation Scholarship
- $ 13500 - Regents Scholarship and Rocket Nation Scholarship
- $ 12,000 - Trustees Scholarship and Rocket Nation Scholarship
- $ 9500 - Deans Scholarship and Rocket Nation Scholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Toledo
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.