University of Hohenheim
Description of University of Hohenheim
- Established: 1818
- Location: Stuttgart, Baden-Wuterberg, Germany
- Students age: 17+
- Number of students: 9918
- Language of instruction: German
- Type of studying: mixed.
The University of Hohenheim is a state university of agriculture, natural sciences and economics. The university was founded in 1818 as a research and educational center. The University of Hohenheim includes three universities with a large number of departments - for example, the Agricultural Institute includes:
- Faculty of Soil Science and Biogeography
- Institute of Landscape and Plant Ecology
- Faculty of Crop Production
- Institute of Plant Population Genetics
- Faculty of Phytotherapy
- Academy of Agricultural Ecology in the Tropics and Subtropics
- Faculty of Agrarian Policy and Agricultural Markets
- Social research in the agricultural field
- Livestock Faculty
- Institute of Animal Husbandry in the Tropics and Subtropics.
The Institute of Natural Sciences covers the most relevant areas - applied mathematics and statistics, biochemistry, food chemistry, genetics, microbiology, plant biotechnology and much more.
Faculties of the Socio-Economic Institute:
- Financial management
- Political economy
- Healthcare and public administration
- Legal and social sciences
- Marketing and management.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Hohenheim
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has several student residences with all amenities:
- Comfortable rooms for 1-2 people
- Recreation areas
- Cable TV
- Drinks vending machine
- Study areas.
Activities University of Hohenheim
Popular hobby clubs and sports sections:
Facilities and equipment at University of Hohenheim
The main building of the University of Hohenheim is located in Stuttgart, 30 minutes from the city center. The campus is adorned with beautiful architecture: in the center of the campus there is an 18th century baroque castle, on the territory there are squares, gardens and grounds.
The infrastructure of the University of Hohenheim includes:
- Botanical Garden
- Landscaped garden
- Museum of German Economy
- Museum of the History of Hohenheim
- Museum of Zoology
- Modern audiences
- Sport complexes
- Agricultural Research Centers
- Scientific laboratories.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Hohenheim
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.