University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
Description of University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
- Location: Chicago, USA
- Students age: 12-18 years.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: technical camp.
Since 2009, the University of Chicago has been offering educational summer camps for students at the University of Chicago. Every year, hundreds of students attend technical programs, learn various skills: from creating their own music, creating Arduino robots to writing application code, shooting original short films. Our classrooms are equipped with all the tools students need to create and develop STEM skills.
Founded in 1890, the University of Chicago is known as a nuclear research institution. Plutonium was first isolated in 1940 by the laboratory of George Herbert Jones. The university was the first university to conduct an artificial self-sufficient nuclear reaction (1942, the head - Enrico Fermi). UC is known for its studies in the field of economics, sociology, and the first independent faculty of sociology was opened here. Nobel laureate Milton Friedman developed the economic ideas of the Free Market, laying the foundations of the Chicago School of Economics.
UC has had an incredible impact on students, many of whom have become leaders in science, politics, and the humanities. President Barack Obama taught at a law school for several years, astronomers Karl Sagan and Edwin Hubble (the creator of the Hubble telescope) were university students, writers Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Philip Roth, Saul Bellow, Roger Ebert, well-known journalists Catherine Graham worked here. Post) columnist David Broder. The University of Chicago has the Argonne National Laboratory and Fermilab, a laboratory of particle physics.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
- The Summer Academy conducts classes from Monday to Friday, from 9 to 17 hours. Students can get lunch on campus. The cost of lunch plans is $ 95 / week.
- The extended day option allows families to leave their children until 6:00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday.
Activities University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
Participants in summer technical shifts will enjoy a balanced camp day: classroom lessons + outdoor activities.
After the end of each school week, participants can invite their family and friends to join the gala show, share with them the final projects. Teachers will talk about activities that the child attended during the week, and parents will have the opportunity to meet with the child’s instructor, and teachers will highlight possible next steps for continuing the child’s education. Presentations are held from 15.00 to 16.00 on Fridays.
- The project-based approach to teaching arouses curiosity, strengthens confidence, and promotes teamwork, as students seek solutions to real problems.
- Students return home with a completed project, new skills, experience in technology. Exciting DMA courses unite like-minded people, inspire them to explore, develop their passion, and engage in creativity.
- DMA teachers are the most experienced, able to inspire and guide adolescents, implement practical projects with them. Technical courses are designed with 21st century skills in mind, with a focus on teaching creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Young people will learn to work with peers by exploring different approaches to solving problems. Regardless of whether camp participants want to deepen their interests or make new friends, the University of Chicago is an ideal place to study.
Facilities and equipment at University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
Students learn to use the software and hardware used daily by industry professionals. While other camps may offer similar courses, the Summer Media Academy teaches students how to work as professionals.
Admission dates and extra charges
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign students should be fluent in English at a level sufficient for study and communication.
Scholarships University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
The Nudelman Family Fund provides students with a thousand full scholarships for participants; the Summer Media Academy is committed to offering world-class STEM education. The fund provides interested and motivated students with access to high-quality education, with half of the scholarships reserved for girls in order to increase the proportion of women receiving technical education. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit and needs, they will cover tuition fees, food, service fees. The deadline for applying is 2 weeks before the start date of the selected course.
Candidates must complete the form completely - the following information will be required:
- Personal data
- Written statement / essay explaining why the applicant should receive financial assistance
- Average mark (after receiving the award you must provide proof of academic achievement)
- Teacher's letter of recommendation
- Income statement
- Desired place (s) and course (s) of technical camps.
The right to apply are applicants 10-18 liters.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Chicago Summer Kids Academy Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.