University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
Description of University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
• Foundation: 1997
• Abbreviation: FH Kufstein
• Status: state
• Location: Kufstein, Tyrol, Austria
• Age: from 18 years
• Accommodation: residence
• Language of instruction: German, English.
Fachhochschule Kufstein specializes in training specialists in marketing, management, communications and energy technology. The name - University of Applied Sciences - indicates the practical orientation of training professionals at the university.
The university has a department for working with graduates and careers: it liaises with graduates, helps them in finding jobs, advises, searches for internships for students and graduate students, including with the help of graduates. FH Kufstein has over 500 partner companies around the world ready to accept their students for internships - for many, this marks the beginning of a professional career.
Great attention is paid at FH Kufstein to the study of English: at each course they give lectures on core subjects in English, and some programs are completely English-language (for example, a master's course in international business).
Fachhochschule Kufstein provides students and teachers with training in other countries, for students - 1-2 semesters for the exchange program. More than 200 universities from different countries participate in student exchange partnership programs with FH Kufstein.
Fachhochschule Kufstein considers scientific research necessary as a contribution to the development of society and appreciates it when research and solving current problems of society become part of the learning process. Partner companies make extensive use of the potential of students and the experience of teaching staff. The University considers it its duty to increase the innovative capabilities of its partners, participating in solving problems, sharing the latest information, and conducting consultations.
The innovative Kufstein platform is a network of active companies that contribute to the sustainable well-being of the Tyroler Unterland region as a result of exchange and joint actions, calculating future problems and proposing solutions.
• 2,200 students
• 500 teachers
• Foreign students from 50 countries
• 12 undergraduate programs
• 12 master's programs
• More than 7000 graduates.
The main areas of study:
• Property and property management
• International Business
• Sports and cultural management
• Energy business
• Digital marketing
• Information Systems
• Web communications.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
Accommodation, meals, prices
Near the school building there are dormitories with single / double rooms with all amenities:
- Fully furnished studios with kitchen and bath / WC
- Electricity, water, heating
- Wireless internet access
- TV / SAT connection in each room
- Lockable Bike Cellar
- Shared kitchen, sun terrace
- Rooftop terrace
- Rooms for washing machines, tumble dryers
- Bathroom, kitchen are shared with roommates in double studios or shared apartments.
For an additional fee, the hostels offer:
- Underground parking (car / motorcycle parking space)
- Rent dishes for a semester
- Rental of bedding, bedspreads and blankets.
The cost of living in the residence is from 358 €, apartments from 280 €, meals - from 250 € per month.
- Kufstein University of Applied Sciences is among the 40 best universities in Austria in terms of quality of study
- Practical orientation of studies, compulsory long internships
- Opportunity to take an internship in a large company (university partners)
- Student participation in scientific projects, solving real problems of management, business, communication
- Modern equipment for the educational process and laboratories
- Curricula are constantly changing according to the emergence of new processes and events.
- Curricula in 2 languages: German and English, 20% of German-language programs teach in English
- The university has created the conditions for study and life of people with disabilities
- Geographical location: Kufstein in the picturesque valley of the Alps.
Facilities and equipment at University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
The university building is a 5-minute walk from the city center: near it there is free parking, a bus stop. 43 lecture halls, laboratories are equipped with laptops, televisions, overhead projectors, slide projectors, digital video cameras, analog video cameras, tripods, digital cameras, recording boards, flipcharts.
At the entrance to the building there is an information point where students can apply for any information and to obtain student ID cards.
The library with online access to various library services is located on the 1st floor, there is also a cafeteria, vending machines for drinks and snacks.
Sports activities are dictated by the location of the city: in the summer - mountain biking, climbing, hiking, in winter - cross-country and mountain skiing, snowboarding. The sports department of FH Kufstein organizes student sports events.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, starting at the end of September. Registration fee = 100 €.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Online registration
2. Written entrance exam
3. Introductory interview
4. Certificate of German or English with B2 results (except for the English-language programs “Master of International Business”, “Master of Sports, Culture and Event Management”, where level C1 is required)
5. Documents on secondary education translated into German, certified by a notary
6. Additional training at the university in mathematics, German, English (if grades are not high enough or academic hours are not enough) with an exam
7. Practical experience (gives additional bonuses upon receipt)
8. For admission to the magistracy: bachelor's degree, professional experience, good knowledge of English.
Scholarships University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
Austrian and foreign students can apply for scholarships and grants from the university:
- International grant FH Kufstein - scholarship for students of 1 year of study not from the EU countries, a one-time grant of 2000 €.
- Gender Equality Scholarship for citizens from third countries (not EU and not Schengen area). A special scholarship for applicants for master's programs in web communications and information systems, data science and intellectual analytics, as well as a bachelor's degree in energy management.
- Gender Equality Grant for third-country nationals (not EU, not EEA, not CH) for courses in European Energy Management (undergraduate) and web communications and information systems, as well as data science and intellectual analytics (Master's degree).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Applied Sciences Kufstein
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.