Description of Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
- Established: 1585
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Graz, Austria
- Rating: 420
- Number of students: 32,500
- Language of instruction: German, English.
The University of Graz named after Karl and Franz (The University of Graz, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz) was founded in Austria in 1585 and is the largest higher educational institution in the top 5 best universities in the country. The university specializes in the humanities and sciences, providing students with a choice of 120 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
The university has organized specialized centers:
- Career development
- Providing assistance to young families, allowing you to leave your child under supervision for classes
- Support for students with disabilities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in the residence of the university is possible with the timely submission of documents for settlement (at least six months before the start of classes), since the number of places is limited. The cost of living is 180 € -250 € / month.
Activities Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
The educational institution holds such artistic events as exhibitions, concerts and theater performances.
- The educational institution has strong academic training in the areas of: molecular biology, mathematics, robotics, chemistry
- Foreign students can participate in scholarship programs of the university or receive financial assistance from one of the foundations / private companies. The amount of financial assistance is approximately 350 € -400 € / month
- The university is in partnership with 20 universities
- The University of Graz provides its students with the opportunity to work both part-time and full-time, which allows them to get their first work experience in the specialty, additional professional competencies, and pay for tuition
- The institution is the first Austrian university to receive a certificate from the Austrian Quality Assurance Agency (AQA) for quality management in the field of internationalization.
- The University of Graz is the only Austrian university to be admitted to the Utrecht Network and Coimbra Group.
Facilities and equipment at Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
The main campus of the educational institution is located in the second largest city in Austria - Graz. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- The library
- Sports Complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school has a two-semester academic year. The first semester begins in October, the second in March.
- Training materials 150 € / semester
- Meals and travel 350-450 € / month
- Accommodation 550-1002 € / month
- German courses 920 € (if necessary).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to an Austrian university must:
- Fill in the form
- Write a motivation letter
- Compose CV
- Pass entrance exams (for applicants to the Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Prepare the following documents:
- Secondary Education Document / Diploma of Higher Education + Grading Insert
- Certificate TOEFL 87 / IELTS 6.5 / Goethe Zertifikat B2
- A certificate confirming the right of the applicant to study according to his chosen specialization at the university of his native country.
Documents of education are translated into English / German, notarized and apostilled at the Ministry of Education of the country at the place of issue.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.