Universidad Norbert Wiener
Description of Universidad Norbert Wiener
- Foundation: 1996
- Abbreviation: UNW
- Status: Private
- Location: Lima, Peru
- Age: from 17 years old
- Accommodation: apartments
- Language of instruction: Spanish.
Universidad Norbert Wiener was founded by Dr. Alcibiades Horna Figueroa in 1996 in Lima, the capital of the Republic of Peru. For the future university, Dr. Horna chose the name of American mathematician, one of the founders of cybernetics and the theory of artificial intelligence, Norbert Wiener, to emphasize the university’s deep interest in cybernetics and to set a high standard in the training of specialists.
University scientists participate in major conferences on systemic and digital topics, hold conferences on their territory. But this is not the only area of interests and opportunities of the university, which offers quality training in the field of healthcare, administration, law.
The mission of the university is to inspire people through educational experience, its main task is the self-realization of students, teachers and graduates of the university. Universidad Norbert Wiener declares its core values: honesty, innovation and service. One of his tasks is to constantly improve the educational and administrative systems of the university in order to correspond to the present moment.
The main areas of study:
• Medical technology
• Pharmacology and biochemistry
• Law and political science
• System and computer technology
• Engineering technology.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad Norbert Wiener
Accommodation, meals, prices
University of Norbert Wiener students rent housing in or around Lima. Apartments cost from $ 180, meals and transportation - from $ 210 per month.
- High quality educational services in Peru compared to other Latin American countries
- Highly qualified teaching staff
- A bachelor's degree can be obtained in 3 years, a master's degree - in 1 year
- Low tuition fees
- The focus of the work of the whole team on the education of a modern specialist, armed with knowledge, technology and a desire to serve society
- The demand for Universidad Norbert Wiener specialists in the labor market
- The opportunity to receive a scholarship from the university
- Geographical location: Lima is located on the Pacific coast, in a valley of 3 rivers at the foot of the Andes.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad Norbert Wiener
The university’s educational building houses classrooms, modern laboratories, a medical information center, a dental center, a library, and sports facilities. There is also a cafeteria and facilities for students to relax and chat.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into semesters, admission is carried out 2 times a year: January-March, August-October.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
1. Academic documents translated into Spanish
2. Online application
3. English language certificate TOEFL
4. Spanish language certificate DELE
5. Copy of passport
6. Contact telephone number, E-mail
7. Confirmation of payment of commission
8. Student visa
9. Bachelor or master degree (for postgraduate programs), plan for future studies.
Scholarships Universidad Norbert Wiener
Scholarships are provided for successful students, which will partially or fully reimburse the cost of training
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidad Norbert Wiener
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.