Universidad Mayor de San Andres , the leading educational institution in Bolivia, was founded in 1830 in the city of La Paz. In view of the strategically important position of the city of La Paz, the university from the very beginning of its existence played an important role in the social, cultural and academic life of the country.
The mission of the university: to graduate highly qualified, dedicated and socially responsible specialists with reflection skills and critical thinking, knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and building a fair society, able to innovate, interact with the state and the international scientific and academic community.
The building, in which the main building of the university operates today, located on Villason Avenue, was designed in 1942 by the architect Emilio Villanueva Peñaranda and is considered a symbol of Bolivian culture. During the design of the building, the architect was inspired by the pre-Columbian culture, which was never fully realized. The construction lasted about 5 years and after graduation it was criticized, as the university became the first high-rise building of the city.
The building consists of 13 floors, 11 of which are occupied by classrooms, libraries, canteens, laboratories, etc. Underground is a garden with access to the central atrium.
On the basis of the university work:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.