United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
Description of United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
United States Military Academy at West Point (abbreviated SMA) is a public higher education institution in America that has been conducting academic and scientific work since the beginning of 1802.
It is about a small university, where about 5000 people successfully pass the course every year. Students and teachers can take part in international exchange programs, if they wish.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
Recently, the university has consistently been included in the TOP of the best of the best universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
Students have a large scientific library. Students can also look forward to affordable housing in a university dormitory. The university is a member of reputable groups and associations, including the sports associations and the National Collegiate Sports Association (NCAA).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
A special selection committee conducts a recruitment of applicants, based on the results of exams passed in advance by all applicants, their past academic performance. The Academy is one of the strictest educational institutions in the world, because ten people apply for one place at once. Both local residents and foreign students can enter the Academy on the same conditions.
Tuition in the Academy
As with most American universities, the academic year consists of two semesters. Students who consistently demonstrate good academic results can count on financial assistance from the university in the form of scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about United States Military Academy at West Point (USMA)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.