UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
Description of UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
- Founded: 2004
- Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
- The age of students: 14-18
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language learning: English.
UC Santa Barbara Summer is a summer international educational camp offering university preparation programs, including theory, practice, and research in the disciplines studied. The camp is ranked 5th in the US News & World Report rankings, known for its famous alumni, including Jack Johnson, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. combining recreation and active study. For 15 years of work, thousands of students from more than 70 countries have received quality education under the guidance of certified teachers in the camp.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in their own UCSB's Santa Crus Hall residence in double rooms with a shared bathroom. The course price already includes:
- Stay in rest and play rooms
- Watching movies in your home theater
- Pillow blanket
- 3 meals a day on campus from Monday to Friday, 2 meals a day on weekends (portion size is not limited)
- Daily cleaning in the room.
The paid package does not include bed linen, laundry services, meals outside the campus, personal expenses. After classes, students can make independent walks in groups in places permitted by the administration, the so-called home area zones.
The local dining menu includes vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free meals.
Activities UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
The maximum amount of entertainment and excursions provided by participants of 6-week programs UC Santa Barbara Summer, all of which are included in the price. Students at the 4-week and RMP courses have access to a limited set of activities, for example, a trip to Los Angeles is paid extra. The main list of trips, excursions and activities off-campus:
- Leisure, surfing on the beaches of Pismo and Carpenteria
- Walk around the zoo of Santa Barbara
- Climbing the Falls of Seven Falls
- Cruise on a sailboat
- Visit the parks of Six Flags Magic Mountain or Universal Studios
- Shopping in the suburbs of Santa Barbara and the Camarillo Factory Outlets
- Quest room in Santa Barbara (Escape Room)
- Bowling, roller skating and figure skating, trampolines
- Visit to the Maritime Museum
- Excursions to universities UCLA, USC.
On campus, students can play sports at the Recreation Sports Centers sports and entertainment center:
- Cardio training on a treadmill
- Beach volleyball
In the evening, students can watch movies, order pizza, go to karaoke, take part in games, attractions, night festivals.
- 15 years experience
- Permanent partnership with 14 prestigious universities in the USA, England, Singapore
- International communication, the opportunity to find friends from all over the world
- Large selection of educational courses
- There is a credit system that simplifies university entrance.
- Experienced teachers and guest lecturers
- Rich entertainment program - excursions, group games, sports
- Close proximity to Los Angeles Film Center
- Private beach near the ocean
- Maintenance by the employee of the camp in medical institutions.
Facilities and equipment at UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
Camp UC Santa Barbara Summer is located 2 hours from Los Angeles and has its own comfortable beach on the Pacific coast. On campus there is a canteen, the Harder Stadium, 6 tennis courts, beach volleyball courts, a sports and entertainment center equipped with equipment for various sports:
- Halls for basketball, gymnastics, racquetball, squash, cardio workouts
- Treadmill for 8 lines, etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
The following expenses are not included in the price of the UC Santa Barbara Summer program:
- Transfer with escort to Santa Barbara airport and back
- Meeting at the airport in the baggage claim area or at the exit from the airport (agreed in advance)
- Transfer from Los Angeles Airport to Santa Barbara Airport
- Entrance costs
- Student documents (ID)
- Flight expenses
- Books, teaching materials for classes
- Food outside the camp
- Laundry service
- Medical expenses.
- Transfer (one way) 40 USD
- Study materials 95 USD
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 200 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The students of 14-18 years old, including from abroad can become a member of the UC Santa Barbara Summer educational camp. One of the mandatory requirements of the Pre-college program is good GPA exam results:
- 2 UCSB College Credit Courses - 3.3
- 1 UCSB College Credit Course + 1 elective course - 3.15
- For Academies - 2.75.
Camp rules clearly regulate the time of arrival and departure: if a student arrived earlier, he will have to stay in a hotel or hostel. Date of departure coincides with the last paid day of the course.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about UC Santa Barbara summer academic camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.