Twyford Summer School
Description of Twyford Summer School
- Location: Twyford Village, United Kingdom,
- Campus founded: 1787,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Twyford Summer School is a special school with more than 200 years of history. A distinctive feature of the institution is an individual approach to each student, regardless of his age, academic abilities.
On the campus of the educational institution, summer short-term programs are taught, thanks to which students from different countries can improve their level of English, get an exciting experience of studying in the UK and make new friends.
In addition to high-quality education and a sensitive approach to students, the institution provides a number of various entertainments and opportunities for the development of personal interests of pupils. Comfortable living conditions, support at every stage, care and ease of passage of the program make the summer holidays of students unforgettable and productive.
Educators go beyond the curriculum by taking an experiential approach to learning through project-based work and play. Students are challenged to use and demonstrate new skills in a supportive and caring environment. With smaller classes and a more relaxed learning atmosphere than traditional schools, staff provide an atmosphere where students can enjoy a change of scenery and experience creative teaching methods.
By creating real opportunities for critical thinking, leadership, communication, and teamwork, educators put theory into practice and help students engage in ways that aren't always possible in the classroom at home. Each student is actively encouraged to take initiative, think critically, and work together with others to solve problems.
Teachers adhere to the communicative method in English lessons: this means that all classes involve pupils in communication and practice of the knowledge gained right in the classroom. Thanks to this approach, students will be able to increase confidence in speaking, listening comprehension, and the use of vocabulary.
Things to know about
The school's well-known project Time to Shine is the highlight of the academic program. Classes work in groups throughout the week to create a unique project on a topic of interest to them, which they will present at the graduation event.
During the creation of the project, skills such as leadership, self-confidence, oratory and public speaking, teamwork are constructively developed. The curriculum is built on student autonomy, which allows students to share ideas, solutions to problems, and their view of the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Twyford Summer School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Twyford School recently completed renovations at the state-of-the-art Orchard Close Residence Hall, located on a 2.36-acre property. Boys and girls live in separate living quarters, and staff also located in the neighborhood provide round-the-clock support for all students if they need it. Children are accommodated in rooms of two people, have personal sleeping and working places. Housing and facilities are cleaned throughout students' stay on campus, and laundry services are provided once a week.
Students are provided with three meals a day: breakfasts and dinners in the dining area of the school, and lunches in the format of packed lunches.
Activities Twyford Summer School
Children who come to spend their summer holidays at Twyford Summer School will have a rich program of activities, the school offers many sports and creative courses. Activities are organized for all children to maintain a collective atmosphere and help children from different countries communicate with each other. Major events on campus include:
- Combat archery,
- Pedal karting,
- Sports competitions in football, basketball,
- Board games.
In the evenings, all children attend collective events: watching movies, game research on various topics, reading books and discussing what they read.
On weekends, students go on a long excursion, lasting two full days. It includes visits to local attractions, museums, galleries and entertainment centers. Trips are accompanied by qualified staff who help students adapt to the urban environment, feel confident and safe.
- Tuition on the historic campus of the school,
- Qualified teachers,
- Many services are included in the cost of the program,
- Certificate at the end of the course.
Facilities and equipment at Twyford Summer School
The Twyford Summer School campus is located in the small village of Twyford, an hour's drive from London and very close to the city of Winchester, UK. An area of 22 acres is located in the middle of beautiful countryside: Hades of historic buildings, fields and farms are interestingly combined with modern teaching facilities that are offered in the school buildings.
Throughout their studies at Twyford Summer School, students have access to academic classes, creative studios, walking areas on site, six sports fields and playgrounds. The equipment of the educational area complies with all safety rules, meets new technologies in education.
Admission dates and extra charges
Summer school programs are held for two weeks from July 30 to August 12. The schedule changes every week and includes language classes, activities, activities and breaks. For example, in the first week it is:
- 7:30 – wake up,
- 8:15-9:00 – breakfast,
- 9:30-9:40 – arrival in the educational building,
- 9:40-12:30 – activity with a break at 10:30-10:50,
- 12:30-13:30 – lunch,
- 13:30-16:20 – academic classes with a break at 15:10-15:30,
- 16:20-17:15 – communication on campus,
- 17:15-18:30 – staying in the rooms,
- 18:30-19:15 – dinner,
- 19:15-20:30 – collective events,
- 20:30 – snack,
- 21:30 – going to bed.
The cost of the program includes:
- Breakfast and dinner in the school cafeteria, as well as packed lunch for trips,
- English lessons,
- Progress report and certificate of completion of the course,
- Two full-day trips, including transport and entrance fees,
- A programme of activities including several integration sessions with local British children,
- A full program of evening activities,
- Laundry service,
- SBC Twyford Summer School T-shirt,
- UK SIM card if necessary,
- Comprehensive travel insurance.
Additionally, parents can give pocket money to buy souvenirs and sweets during excursions.
The process of admission to Twyford Summer School is organized completely disscriminately. Applicants must fill out an introductory questionnaire, indicating their personal data: full name, dates of the course suitable for them, required documents. Within a few days, the admissions committee will contact candidates to notify them of admission to the program and next steps.
A large-scale event is organized for graduates, at which they are awarded certificates of completion of the course, a report on the completed educationa with the results.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For comfortable learning on the programs, students need at least a minimum level of knowledge of the English language - from A1.
The course may be difficult for younger students, but this will not be a reason for poor academic performance: depending on the group's confidence in linguistics and the ability to absorb new material, the teacher adapts the lessons.
From applicants, the admissions committee will require a number of personal documents, including a passport, visa or residence permit, health insurance and vaccination card. Also, employees need the data of one of the parents of the future student.
Scholarships Twyford Summer School
The university offers discounts on tuition for early booking of places on the course: from 6 to 40 £ per week.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Twyford Summer School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.