The Language Gallery Birmingham
Description of The Language Gallery Birmingham
- Established: 2003
- Location: Birmingham, UK
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: min 1 week
- Students age: 16+
- Type of training: language school.
The Language Gallery, Birmingham, is located in the vibrant center of Britain’s second largest city. The school created optimal conditions for learning English, and a good location provides access to the sights and entertainment of the city thanks to the developed transport links.
Bullring Shopping Center, Birmingham Snow Hill Station and Birmingham Art Gallery are all within walking distance of the TLG. Near the school there are many restaurants and cafes where you can eat and relax.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Language Gallery Birmingham
Accommodation, meals, prices
Halls of residence
Halls of residence offer a range of rooms and prices to suit your budget.
Safe and secure residence options are conveniently located in each city and are home to students
from all over the world. Living in halls is your chance to live independently and socialise with other
international students while you enjoy the city you are studying in.
As our centres are in multicultural cities, you can take the opportunity to stay with families from
different backgrounds. Here you will be immersed in local culture and language by living in a family
Homestay accommodation is a great place to practice your English outside of the classroom. All
homestay houses offer a clean and comfortable room and different meal plans are available to meet
We offer private accommodation for your stay, which is usually centrally located. Studio apartments
are available for individuals or couples.
Please note: all accommodation options are provided by third party providers and are subject to
availability. All accommodation is inspected by a member of our team or a British Council registered
Activities The Language Gallery Birmingham
The Language Gallery’s social programme is ideal for foreign students studying abroad: they can communicate and participate in various local events and trips, visit galleries, museums, theatres, sports events in the city and its environs.
Programme participants gives students the opportunity travel around the United Kingdom and explore other beautiful cities on regular excursions to London, Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge.
Birmingham's nightlife is a great way to discover the new side of the city, the opportunity to meet and chat with people in English in a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Language Gallery offers high-quality language courses around the UK schools are located in London, Birmingham,and Nottingham. All our centres are inspected by The British Council Accreditation Unit, which shows academic standards and levels of student service in its reports. Distinctive features are internationalism, an interactive approach to the learning process.
- Small classes up to 16 people and student-focused approach ensure you get the necessary attention from teachers.
- The Language Gallery offers four electives to intensify your learning experience and speed up your progress with learning the English language. You can add up to two electives to your core course, to give you an even quicker and deeper grasp of the English language.
- Employees provide a modern and effective learning experience aimed at developing students' language skills. Teachers encourage positive interaction between course participants, helping the language become a full-fledged means of communication.
- Thanks to SMART Learning methodology
,the entire school learns a common topic for a week. This means that all students have something to talk about, regardless of the level of English and the chosen course.
- An extensive social programme helps students to progress faster, make more friends at school, get acquainted with the UK at public events.
Facilities and equipment at The Language Gallery Birmingham
TLG offers well-equipped classrooms, several computers with internet access, free Wi-Fi and the possibility of independent work. The learning conditions are comfortable, there is a convenient common lounge with a dining area for students, allowing you to relax and have a bite to eat.
Admission dates and extra charges
Intake every Monday (except public holidays). Pay attention to the dates of official holidays and public holidays, when the school is closed:
- 3 January
- 15 April
- 18 April
- 2 May
- 2 June
- 3 June
- 29 August
- 26 December
- 27-31 December
- Registration fee - £70
- Accommodation Fee - £70
- Prices for TLG events vary - some events are free, but most tours cost from £ 15 to £ 50
- Course book to buy- £ 35-45, to rent - £10 per book
- The cost of the IELTS exam is from £ 150.
- Additional academic and language classes (optional)
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional)
- Air tickets in both directions
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Birmingham International Airport
- Transfer one way - £ 95
- Transfer return - £180
- All London air-Birmingham Airport - £ 215
- For each additional passenger £20 will be charged.
- One hour of waiting is included, then £15 / 30 min is charged.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Most courses require a Beginner level - from A1.
- Min level of English for the IELTS Preparation course is Intermediate B1.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about The Language Gallery Birmingham
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.