GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
Description of GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
- Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Language of instruction: English
- Age range in GBS: 8-65 years
- Age range in EP: 8-17 years
- Number of students – more than 1000
- Type of training: mixed.
Global Banking School (GBS) and English Path Language Schools (EP) on several campuses provide students with high-quality education. GBS provides bachelor's, master's, HNC/HND, and EP – English language courses for people with different levels of knowledge.
The Birmingham campus is a great place to study for those who would like to gain knowledge on campus in the middle of England's second largest city. Among the students here are many foreigners, as EP courses have well-deserved world recognition.
Highly qualified teachers monitor the well-being of students around the clock, helping to solve various academic, housing or social problems.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
Accommodation, meals, prices
The EP provides students with three accommodation options depending on age.
Host family accommodation is available to students of all ages. All families live near educational buildings, which makes it easier for students to get to school. Of the advantages of living in a host family, you can also note the comfortable atmosphere and practice of the language with native speakers. When choosing this housing option, there are three formats with payment per week:
- Accommodation and breakfast: 165-175£
- Half board: 195-200£
- Self-service: 170-180£.
The price depends on the room: single or double. In addition, you can pay for a separate bathroom - 35 £. Accommodation during the summer holidays (July-August) will cost an additional £ 20, during the winter holidays (December 25-January 1) - £ 30 per week.
Renting a room in the house of a local resident is one of the ideal options for independent and living for students over 18 years old. The owner of the house provides support in housing matters, is a native English speaker, which allows the student to practice his knowledge. There are four options for placement:
- Single room – 195£
- Double room – 215£
- Room with private bathroom – 215£
- Common room – 175£.
For a private bathroom you will have to pay an additional £ 35, for accommodation during the summer and winter holidays - £ 20-30 to the total amount.
StayCity Birmingham is an accommodation for students over 18 years of age, located 28 minutes from the study campus, with a wide variety of services for comfort and safety:
- One Bedroom Apartment for Four People – £540 (1-10 weeks)
- Two-bedroom apartment for six students – £1090 (1-10 weeks)
- Round-the-clock reception
- Fully equipped kitchenettes
- Common living room, dining room
- Free WiFi
- Weekly linen change, daily maid service
Activities GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
Birmingham in 2022 hosted the Commonwealth Games - sports competitions, second in number of participants only to the Summer Olympics.
The city has picturesque canals, museums, nightclubs, shopping malls. The jewelry district and the Cadbury factory reflect Birmingham's industrial past. The bullring is the best place in the city center to grab a bite to eat and relax.
Birmingham has more canals than Venice! On cruise boats, you can see views of restored industrial factories, workshops and warehouses, stunning modern architecture.
The most visited attractions of Birmingham:
- City Library
- Cadbury World for chocolate lovers
- Cube – a building of 25 floors with apartments and offices
- Birmingham Museum, Art Gallery
- Brindley Place
- Birmingham Racecourse
- Jewellery Quarter Museum
- Institute of Fine Arts of Hairdressing
- Cannon Hill Park.
Birmingham has more than 600 parks of 800 acres. Sutton Park, Cannon Hill Park are the most famous parks to visit.
English Path provides an excursion programme that includes all of Birmingham's popular attractions. On weekends, students can get on day trips to York, Scarborough, Liverpool, Manchester, Yorkshire Valleys.
- Many nationalities among students
- Extensive entertainment programme
- Free health insurance for EP students
- Partnership with UNIVERSITIES in the UK.
Facilities and equipment at GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
GBS and EP share the campus in Birmingham , the second largest city in England, special for its excellent infrastructure, a wide range of entertainment activities. The training takes place in the Digbeth district, according to The Sunday Times, called "The coolest area in Britain." There are many shops, creative agencies. Thanks to good transport links from the campus, it is easy to get to the city center.
The academic buildings are just a 10-minute walk from bullring & Grand Central shopping mall and Birmingham New Street railway station. In addition to 10 state-of-the-art classrooms equipped with projectors and interactive screens, students can use:
- Special area with kitchen utensils
- Cafe with courtyard view
- Several prayer rooms
- Recreation areas
- IT lab with 50 computers.
Near the campus there are parking lots, parking for bicycles, transport stops.
Admission dates and extra charges
GBS programs are from two to four years of study of basic and specialized disciplines over two semesters. EP courses are morning or evening classes for 1-44 weeks. Language programs can be completed both full-time on campus and online. In addition to the step-by-step mastery of the English language, the EP prepares students for the IELTS, Cambridge exams.
- Accommodation (meals included in several variants): 165-1090£/week
- Registration fee: 50£
- Educational materials: 30-90£ depending on the number of weeks of training
- Accommodation fees: £45
- IELTS, Cambridge: from 160-170£.
The use of the transfer will cost the following price for each trip:
- Heathrow – 240£
- Gatwick – 310£
- Birmingham – 50£
- Manchester – 190£.
Ep payment includes:
- Free medical and travel insurance
- Internet access, WiFi
- Certificate of Completion
- Student ID
- Library, training center with individual assistance every day
- Access to self-study materials, grammar guides
- Monthly lessons with your teacher
- Consultations of higher and additional education
- Complimentary weekly social activities including a day guided tour (fare not included), a tea party and a conversation club.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to undergraduate programs at GBS should be provided with:
- 80 UCAS fare points or 60 Credit Ofqual Level 3 qualification
- GCSE at level C/4
- Completed application form
- Testing for basic skills: reading, writing, mathematics, etc.
- Language testing IELTS, TOEFL. For comfortable learning, the student must have a language level not lower than B2
- Personal interview.
For applicants who are going to study at the HND / HNC programs, the following requirements:
- Diploma of the previous level of education
- Level of English – B2 (IELTS from 6.0)
- Academic Interview
- Work experience of at least two years in the chosen field.
EP courses require applicants to:
- Entrance test for language proficiency. Depending on the results, the applicant will be offered a suitable program
- Visa Documents
- Valid passport
- Health Insurance
- Certificate of completion of a certain stage of school, depending on the chosen course
- Paid registration fee: £50 for full-time study, £15 for online study.
Scholarships GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
- Assistance from the government: loans or grants to pay for tuition, maintenance
- Loans for servicing
- Maintenance allowances
- Cost of living support from Student Finance England (in case the student lives in the UK for five years).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about GBS Language School – English Path Birmingham
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.