Description of Tabor Academy
- Established: 1876
- Location: Marion , Massachusetts, USA
- Students age: 15-18
- Number of students: 494
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: mxied.
Tabor Academy is a prestigious private boarding school in Marion, in 2020 ranked 97th in the ranking of the best private boarding schools for high school students in America. Rich traditions and a family atmosphere distinguish the school: more than 65% of teachers live on the campus of the educational institution, thanks to which teachers support students in all matters and help them develop personally.
A special emphasis in the educational institution is placed on applied skills - those skills and qualities that are useful to children in adulthood. For these reasons, all instruction in the school is practice-oriented, and extracurricular activities are rich and varied. Tabor Academy offers a unique opportunity to study marine science at the Marine School, located right on the ocean. In addition, students get an excellent opportunity to prove themselves in art and creativity thanks to a developed infrastructure and strong instructors.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tabor Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school has 14 residences, in which 349 students live: school houses - cozy and small mansions for 32 people. In each hostel, adults and 3-5 school teachers live together with the children: school students can always turn to their teachers for any questions.
Activities Tabor Academy
The educational institution has a modern sports complex with wide opportunities for development. Dozens of sports sections have been developed for children, including:
- Field hockey
- Cross country running
- American football
- Power training
A separate pride of the school is the theater school:
- Since 2010, school students have won 49 awards at national and regional dance competitions
- 34 art courses at school every year
- School of Photography will allow you to study the art of photography and the creation of commercial photo projects
- Pupils of the school are directly involved in the design of a literary newspaper and other school publications.
In addition to sports and creativity, students develop other skills that are valuable to life:
- Baker's school
- Tea club
- Poetry club
- Volunteer program
- Technical clubs.
Facilities and equipment at Tabor Academy
A private school is located in southeastern Massachusetts, 60 miles from Boston. The educational institution is located on 35 hectares in the cozy town of Marion on the coast. Location on the ocean allows you to study ship design, conduct research in the center on the shore of the bay. The infrastructure of the academy includes 42 objects, including:
- School residences
- 2 theaters
- Jogging tracks
- 8 sports fields
- 8 tennis courts
- Certified Science Laboratories
- Sports complex
- Photo Labs
- Team Sports Fields
- School flotilla.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee: $ 100
- Entrance deposit: $ 1200
- Guardianship service, insurance, school uniform, medical insurance: $ 1950.
Included in the price:
- School curriculum
- Campus residence in one of the residences
- Three meals a day
- Schoolchildren 24 hours a day
- Academic Support
- Regular performance reports.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- SSAT Exam Results
- TOEFL Certificate
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tabor Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.