Concord Christian School
Description of Concord Christian School
- Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
- Number of pupils: 717 people
- Type of program: joint (mixed)
- Accommodation type: host families (boarding house)
- Language of instruction: English.
Сoncord Сhristian School is a successful school right at the foot of the beautiful Great Smokey Mountains (near the town of Knoxville). The American school maintains high academic standards: graduates in almost 100% of cases successfully enter prestigious universities in the US, including such popular universities as:
- Liberty University
- University of Tennessee
- Tennessee Tech
- Belmont University and others.
Small classrooms, strong and experienced teaching staff (79% of which have academic degrees) help students learn quickly and efficiently: in each class there are no more than 17 people, and the ratio of staff to pupils is 1:15. The Сoncord Сhristian School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools: the average SAT score for students is 1720, and the average value is 24 and higher on the ACT scale.
Today, the school educate more than 700 students, including 10% of foreigners from around the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Concord Christian School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of Сoncord Сhristian School are offered accommodation in cozy, comfortable host families: among other things, it will also be an excellent opportunity to practice English with its speakers, to better understand American customs, culture and mentality. Students are offered fully furnished rooms for 1-2 people: with most families the school has been cooperating for several years, choosing only respectable, law-abiding citizens and constantly checking the condition of the houses.
Pupils are provided with board meals: breakfasts and dinners are served in houses, as well as other family members, and they can have dinner on campus.
Subjects and sports
Subject list: Art, Choral singing
Activity list: basketball, football, softball, tennis
Activities Concord Christian School
In their spare time, most students pay attention to sports - there are more than 15 sports sections in the Сoncord Сhristian School, and the most successful students can participate in school teams and teams, speak at the regional, national and even international level. Art and creativity is also developed: you can sing in a choir or in a large concert group, study music theory or dramatic art, art history, visit a variety of art studios - each student will find a lesson for himself!
Facilities and equipment at Concord Christian School
The total area of the Сoncord Сhristian School campus exceeds 18 hectares (45 acres): it is a sunny, cozy and well-groomed area at the foot of the majestic Great Smokey Mountains in the suburbs of the small town of Knoxville, Tennessee. Everything necessary for students is prepared, which may be needed for study, rest, pastime and hobbies: classrooms and lectures with modern equipment, computer and interactive equipment, sports grounds and equipment, classes for creative work with the necessary materials.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fee in Сoncord Сhristian School depends on the chosen program and the student's age (the price is indicated for 1 person for 1 academic year = 2 semesters):
- Elementary classes = 7120 $
- Middle Classes = $ 8005
- Senior, senior classes = 8400 $.
The indicated cost already includes:
- eduaction on the selected program
- accommodation and meals (half board, host families)
- transfer and meeting / seeing off (Knoxville Airport (TYS))
- regular reports + report card for parents, help from the curator and consultants
- A special orientation and adaptation program for beginners (especially foreigners)
- basic medical insurance
- Support language course ESL (English as a second language).
The indicated cost is not included and is paid additionally:
- Registration fee = $ 400
- Examination Boards
- Additional academic and language classes (optional)
- Additional leisure activities and excursions (optional)
- Air tickets in both directions
- Compulsory medical insurance
- Personal pocket expenses
- Visa fees and services, translation and certification of documents
- Consular fee (paid at the Embassy).
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 1800 USD
- Application fee 400 USD
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Concord Christian School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.