The new St Giles Junior summer language center in San Diego was opened in 2014. The St. Giles San Diego Summer School is located in the center of the metropolis within walking distance of the beach. The summer courses offered by St Giles are ideal for teenagers who dream of a California vacation.
The school is located on the campus of the oldest and largest educational institution in San Diego. Today San Diego State University is an exceptional quality of academic preparation, great opportunities for self-development. These criteria are met by the summer courses. Students at the school are offered a rich language program, many options for organizing active, educational leisure.
Brief information. A medium-intensity language program for students with any level of basic training.
About the course. The course is combined. The program provides for classical academic studies (in the communicative method of teaching) and extracurricular, where students are given the opportunity in an informal setting to improve their understanding of English and oral speech.
Students age: 10 - 17 years.
Start dates: June 28 - August 2.
Requirements for enrollment: English - at the primary level.
The result of the training: increasing the level of English proficiency, unique experience of surfing on Californian beaches, communicating with peers from different continents.
Class size: 15 people.
Lesson duration: 50 minutes. [ 999.15]
Cost: 1500 dollars a week, including accommodation in a double residence, meals 3 times a day, study 25 lessons per week, day excursions, sports and entertainment activities in the lunch and evening.
5 hours of surf lessons per week - $ 300 per week optional
St. Giles San Diego in San Diego provides accommodation for students in full board. Foreigners are provided with separate rooms in the residence. Facilities are in common use (1 bathroom for 6 people). Wi-Fi is available in the residence.
Board meals include 3 daily meals. A hot lunch on tour days replaces a lunch box.
Extracurricular program in the language school is mainly cognitive activities, joint recreation in nature and sports. The latter is given special attention in the educational institution. Students in San Diego are offered swimming, team games, bowling, surfing.
The program also provides guided tours. There are 4 excursions per week, 1 of them for the whole day. On trips, students can visit the famous zoo and the San Diego Marine Park, unique natural sites in the vicinity of the city.
The program provides for morning sessions, a rich daily and evening entertainment program.
St Giles Junior summer equipment is represented by classrooms with interactive whiteboards, a computer center, a library. On the campus there is also a dining room, a sports complex, playing fields and a bowling club. Accommodation is organized in the residence, meals - in a spacious modern dining room.
Dates: June 28 - August 2, 2015
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.