DID Deutsch-Institut in Cologne is a long-standing educational tradition, modern infrastructure, author programs and a huge selection of leisure activities. The school offers summer language courses with a standard academic level. Training in the Cologne center can be combined with a cognitive rest in the oldest city in the country.
Cologne is one of the main historical, cultural centers of Germany. Training on courses in this city gives an opportunity to acquire the experience of living in a modern European city and plunge into the atmosphere of the Middle Ages during excursions through its old quarters. In the multifaceted Cologne at leisure, there is absolutely no time to be bored. For extra-long practice of German, you only need to go for a walk.
Brief information. A standard language program aimed at those wishing to spend their summer holidays in Germany.
About the course. The program differs in practical orientation and combined character. Academic studies at school (20 hours / week) are aimed at creating a fundamental basis for grammatical knowledge. Extra-curricular activities serve to consolidate the material and develop communication skills, adaptation to the language environment.
Students age: 14 to 17 years.
Dates of the beginning: June 21 - 08.08.
Requirements for enrollment: German is not below the elementary level.
Learning outcomes: effective use of German in everyday situations.
Class size: up to 15 people (usually 10 - 12).
The duration of the lesson is 45 minutes.
The cost: from € 1215 for 2 weeks.
The DID Deutsch-Institut provides for a family accommodation. Students are provided with double rooms. Individual accommodation is possible at an additional cost.
The school meals are organized according to the full boarding scheme with a hot breakfast and dinner in the family, a packed lunch.
Tuition with accommodation for two weeks- 950 € (additional week - +475 €)
Additional night - +75 € (room for one person For one week - + 75 € )
The extracurricular program of the school includes excursion, entertainment, sports blocks. The first provides an opportunity to get acquainted with the numerous attractions of Cologne, Bonn, Dusseldorf, and other cities. The entertaining program is presented by thematic parties, discos, all kinds of shows, walks and shopping. Sports - team games, relay races, amateur competitions.
The daily routine
The lessons for summer courses end at 12:30. Optional lessons at 14:00.
The school has everything necessary to ensure the educational process: classrooms, interactive, computer equipment, teaching materials. The internal infrastructure also includes a lobby for relaxing at a change and a cozy small cafeteria.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.