Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
Description of Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
- Location: Oberalgau (Upper Allgäu), Germany
- Year of foundation: 1977
- Language of instruction: German
- Number of students per class: up to 10
- Age range: 13-17 years old
- Type of education: mixed.
The Humboldt Institut is a 40-year-old institute offering German courses for children and teenagers in Lindenberg, Bad Schussenried. The institution also provides the opportunity to take summer German courses in Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Munich, Vienna and in small towns throughout Germany.
A special feature of the institute are intensive courses with 25 hours of German lessons per week for children, 30 hours per week for young people and adults. The high intensity of the courses allows participants to quickly improve their language skills.
The Oberalgau Summer Language Camp provides advanced level education with native speakers of A1-B2 levels.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live on campus in the building where classes are held. The living space is equipped with modern double rooms with showers, toilets.
Neighbors living in the same room are selected very carefully according to several criteria: the same knowledge of the German language, one age, one native language. Boys and girls are also housed separately.
Students are provided with three meals a day, free laundry services, bed linen, towels. Laundry is available to every student once a week, household items are changed regularly.
Activities Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
Public holidays are celebrated on 3 October, 1 November of the year in Bad Schussenried, Lindenberg. Students attend city events: exhibitions, festivals.
Every day after classes, a varied leisure program is organized: sports competitions, intellectual games, cultural events.
The course program includes:
- Going to the cinema
- Hiking, barbecue
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Rope platform
- Table football, tennis
- Outdoor activities: canyoning, rafting.
Every Saturday, the staff of the institution organizes one-day excursions to natural places, for example, in the Alps. On Wednesdays, small half-day trips are held for students to the sights, the nearest cities: Augsburg, Munich, Lindau. Excursions, entrance fees are included in the course price.
- Effective training program
- Staff providing support to each student.
Facilities and equipment at Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
Oberalgau is the southernmost part of Germany. The educational campus is surrounded by natural, architectural landscapes: the Bleichach Mountains (located in the center of the allgäu tourist region), Lake Constance, Neuschwanstein Castle. From the campus you can quickly reach the neighboring countries - Austria and Switzerland, as well as to Munich.
German language courses take place at the Elias Youth Centre in classrooms with modern equipment. The establishment provides a free shuttle service to Immenstadt Train Station, a chargeable shuttle service to Munich and Memmingen Airports.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of study: July 24-August 13, which is three weeks of classes. The course is 30 hours. Applicants arrive on Sunday, leave on Saturdays after the end of the course.
Summer courses in Oberalgau are held in the same way as the main year-round programs of the institute. Classes in the camp are fully aimed at eliminating individual gaps in language skills.
German courses – full package with accommodation, three meals a day, daily leisure activities, excursions.
- Transfer to Munich Airport – 145€
- Transfer to Memmingen Airport – 35€
- Exams A1, A2 – 120€
- Exams B1, B2 – 130€
- Health insurance policy – 2€ per day.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the summer language camp, it is important for an applicant to have a level of knowledge of the language from A1.
You can enroll in the course on the official website of the institution by filling out a questionnaire form with medical certificates, visa documents.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Humboldt Institut Summer Language Camp Oberallgäu
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.