Choosing India as a country for higher education is not a bad option. Education in India is not as advertised as in the USA and the UK, but in the country there are also branches of the best universities in the world, where you can get a quality education in a unique environment at affordable prices. This is especially true of creative specialties - the abundance of educational programs related to design and fashion, every year more and more attracts foreign students.
Advantages of studying in India for foreign students
- Rich culture
- Study in English
- Low cost of tuition and accommodation
- Good level of academic preparation in universities
- Opportunity to find a job in developed Asian countries
- Scholarship and grant systems
- Admission without entrance exams
The best option for admission to India in the specialty of design and fashion is Instituto Marangoni Mumbai.
Main reasons to study at Istituto Marangoni
- Teachers and guest lecturers – practicing fashion and design professionals
- University partnerships with fashion brands
- Learning Traditional Textiles and Handicraft Techniques
- The rich heritage of the university
- Location in the financial capital of India.
Program 1: Fashion design illustrations
This creative course introduces the basics of fashion design and how to formulate ideas and translate them into a visual representation. Students will be introduced to the key concepts of the fashion design process, the basic methods of drawing and illustration, trends.
Program 2: Fashion Design
A creative program of two levels – from a basic introductory to a high level of understanding of skills. The first level certification program, or "block," begins with an overview of sketching techniques, patterning basics, and art and clothing principles in history. Students then move on to acquiring and developing the skills to create collections based on the analysis of body proportions, studying the influence of art and culture on design. In this second — and final — phase of the program, the design of the collections continues to develop, with participants applying the acquired experience to their own projects. The result of the project is a joint collection for fashion shows and part of the final portfolio of individual fashion collections.
Other possible programs at the university in the field of fashion:
- Fashion Design & Marketing
- Fashion design and accessories (women's/men's clothing).
The university also has many programs in the field of design, for example: Product design, visual design.
On design programs you will learn:
- Management of publishing and editorial projects
- Exhibition design
- Visual style and branding
- Interface design for online stores, online platforms and social networks
- Photos and communication publications, methods for brands
- Website decoration
After graduation, you will be able to work as:
- Visual Merchandiser
- Designer, illustrator
- Personal assistant celebrity
- Brand Manager, Artist