People come to Malta not only to soak up the warm sun, but also to get a European education in English. International students are attracted by the availability of programs - prices here are 30% -40% lower than in other European countries.
Malta education system and key features
Malta's education system is built on the British model. Universities participate in exchange programs and offer programs in a variety of areas.
- Language of instruction: English
- Currency: Euro
- University tuition fees: from 1000 euros
- Training system: American or English
- Specialties: engineering, astrophysics, information technology, history, linguistics, environmental protection, medicine
- Language requirements: B2-C1
- English: IELTS 5.5-6.5
- Probability of admission to an undergraduate program: almost 100%
- International students: 10%
- Age requirements for undergraduate studies: 17+
- Are there any entrance exams: no
- Opportunity to enter after the school: yes, but the certificate is considered on an individual basis
- Are there any pre-university programs: yes.
The most popular destinations for students are language courses and higher education programs. There are over 60 language schools on the island, often with teachers from the UK and Canada. Many educational institutions offer discounted accommodation and a rich cultural and recreational program.
- You can get higher education in Malta at the only University in Malta . To enter, you need to collect a standard package of documents and demonstrate proficiency in English. It is necessary to provide a certificate of financial solvency and a student visa.
- If the applicant does not have the required qualifications, it is recommended to complete the Foundation preparatory program. Training programs are traditional - bachelor's and master's degrees. The choice of programs is wide - each faculty has 10-15 courses.
- The only university in Malta is a complex of scientific and educational institutions, which includes 35 faculties, numerous institutes and centers. The university programs include the study of astrophysics, engineering, medicine and surgery, linguistics, tourism.
- Master's programs are biased towards research and applied activities, the duration varies from 3 to 6 months.
- Doctoral studies can be completed in two areas: pharmaceuticals and jurisprudence.
- It is not allowed to work while studying, the only opportunity is during the holidays.
Requirements for admission to universities below are the IESLT / TOEFL language requirements and the GPA.
- The medicine
- Study of the environment
- Dance art
- Public administration
- Anthropological Sciences.
Monthly expenses during training
- Dormitory accommodation: 200 €
- Entertainment: 100 €
- Meals: 300 €
- Phone: 40 €
- Transport: 40 €
- Textbooks: 30 €
- Guided tours: 30 €.
Where to study in Malta?
- Valletta - the population of the city is 5.7 thousand people. It is located in the northeastern part of the island: it is a world heritage city due to the huge number of cultural and historical monuments. In addition, it is an educational center with a large number of educational institutions.
- Saint Julian is a city with developed infrastructure located along the Mediterranean coast. St. Julian is home to numerous language schools that have become the hallmark of the city.
- Sliema is a city located on the northern coast of Malta, where it has turned from a small fishing village into a luxury resort. The city is also known for linguistic centers, the learning process in which is built according to the best British methods.
Cost of language courses
- General English (general course) = from 170 euros per week
- Intensive course (intensive) = from 260 euros per week
- Preparation courses = from 280 euros
- Business English (Business English) = from 325 euros per week
- For work (Professional English) = from 350 euros.
Popular educational institutions
- Inlingua Malta (Sliema) - a school with proprietary methods that are effective for each specific age group of students
- Chamber College Malta (Gzira) is a training center for adult students with courses: KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, ILTS, TOEFL, TOEIC. The school uses modern methods, the latest technology and has developed the author's concept of teaching English as a foreign language
- European Center EC (St. Julian) - a school from a leading international network. Available programs: General English, Business English, Individual Lessons, IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, FCE, English for Students.
- IELS LAL Malta (Sliema) - the school offers summer, autumn and spring courses for children
- Sprachcaffe Malta (St. Julian) is a language school that is part of the Languages Plus association with courses: IELTS, CAE, FCE, executive course, business English.