Studio Cambridge - Sir Henry Summer Camp meets students on the Hockerill campus of Anglo-European College, an educational institution with almost a century old history. The university is one of the most prestigious and promising universities in the country. It's known for it's achievements in teaching foreign languages.
Sir Henry camp is located in Bishop's Stortford. This city with 40 thousand people has its history from the Roman times. Today, it is considered one of the safest, quietest in Britain, and is also one of the best in living standards.
Short information. English course (20 hours / week) for those wishing to develop basic language skills, it is interesting to relax in the summer in England.
About the course. The program includes academic studies and extracurricular activities. The first are aimed at developing students' skills of speaking, understanding English, reading, writing. Also in the classroom, children receive basic knowledge in the field of grammar, syntax. Extra-curricular activities serve to consolidate the material, allow you to practice English in an informal setting.
Students age: 10 to 16.
Start dates: 05.07 - 09.08 (from 2 weeks).
Requirements for enrollment: English - beginner and above. [999.11 ]
The result of the training: the development of general language skills, the practice of communicating in English in the academic environment and everyday situations.
Class size: up to 12 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Price (all included):
Guests of the camp stay in Anglo-European College. Its territory is guarded around the clock. In the residence there are teachers to look after students. In the hostel students are provided with 2 - 4-bed rooms. Facilities are on the floor. Meals - full board in the school cafeteria.
Extracurricular program is divided into 3 blocks. It includes mugs and electives (art, applied art, music, dances, etc.), entertainment (evening daily activities: discos, quizzes, shows, competitions, etc.), excursions. Attention is also paid to physical development of children. Sports direction is represented by team games (basketball, football, volleyball, cricket).
Excursions for students are held twice a week. Students visit attractions of the British capital, university Oxford and Cambridge, picturesque Brighton, historical Canterbury, other cities.
Lessons end at 13:00 pm. The camp works in a five-day mode (Monday-Friday).
The language school has 15 modern classes, computer, interactive equipment. On the campus there are picturesque gardens, there are several outdoor recreation areas. For sports in Sir Henry Camp, all comfortable conditions are created. Students can use sports complex, playgrounds and fields. Also, participants in summer programs can visit the pool, located within walking distance from the campus.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.