Description of Stenberg College
- Established: 1990
- Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Students age: from 16 years
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of accommodation: host family, half board.
Stenberg College is a higher education institution located in Surrey, Canada. The college got its name in honor of its founder Mary Jane Stenberg, who opened it in 1990. Over the years, Stenberg College has undergone many transformations - from the construction of new buildings to laboratory centers.
Stenberg College provides its students with a quality education of certified and certified specialists in various qualifications. All academic programs of the educational institution are divided in the following areas:
- Technology and Health
- Health Administration
- Services sector
- The field of care (for patients, the elderly and not only).
The courses are aimed at gaining practical skills by students and provide a solid theoretical basis; qualified teachers with the necessary experience in the above areas work with students - all these factors give a successful result. According to internal statistics of higher education, more than 98% of Stenberg graduates find work in their specialty within 6 months after graduation.
Stenberg College is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education of the Government of British Columbia through the PTIB (Private Institutional Sector responsible for setting and monitoring educational standards). The College of British Columbia also received the Quality Assurance of Education (EQA) title, which is tacitly considered evidence of the quality of postgraduate education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Stenberg College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Stenberg College offers students host Canadian families living in the vicinity of Surrey or Vancouver Island for the duration of their studies. Students can choose the suitable option through 5 agencies with which Stenberg College collaborates.
Living in a host family has a number of advantages that will be interesting and useful to a foreign student:
- 24-hour language immersion (English)
- Acquaintance with the life and culture of Canada in a natural environment
- A family setting that helps a student from another country feel more comfortable away from home
- A separate room for living with the necessary amenities (bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, bedside table for personal belongings)
- Half board (breakfast and dinner). College students will spend lunch time on campus, which means they can eat in the dining room on site or in a cafe outside.
Monthly expenses for accommodation, meals and transportation will range from $ 780 to $ 1,400.
Activities Stenberg College
The extra-curricular life of Stenberg College is quite eventful - during the school year, various social events are held here, dedicated to calendar holidays or university events. There are activities aimed at entertaining students.
- Halloween celebration
- Christmas and New Year
- Spring graduation ceremony
- Multicultural day
- Autumn graduation ceremony
- Master classes
- Flash mobs (e.g. pajama day on campus).
Facilities and equipment at Stenberg College
Stenberg College has a main campus in Surrey, as well as an additional branch on Vancouver Island.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Stenberg College is divided into three trimesters, you can start training in winter, spring or autumn (months depend on the chosen academic program).
The course price includes:
- Selected Academic Program
- Participation in college events.
- Registration fee - 150 $ US
- Homestay + meals - from $ 780 to $ 1,400
- Visa application
- Consular fee
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The conditions for admission to Stenberg College programs are designed to provide candidates with the knowledge, skills and abilities that will enable them to become successful in the future for career or educational purposes.
- Filling out a personal data form
- Meeting with a program consultant, during which the requirements for a particular course are voiced (interview)
- The consultant evaluates the student level for the selected program - the candidate must provide a certificate of secondary education (or a similar document), transcripts, a language test (minimum number of points for IELTS 6.0 or PTE 51)
- Depending on the chosen program, additional requirements may be voiced - attendance at an information session, introductory essay, exam or second interview.
Scholarships Stenberg College
Stenberg College has a number of measures aimed at financially supporting university students. This includes several types of scholarship programs and the award of the title “Student of the Year” (SOTY), which has the best academic performance. The winner of the nomination receives full compensation for training (up to 20 thousand US dollars), the second place - compensation up to 5 thousand, the third place - compensation in the amount of 2500 thousand US dollars, other finalists receive a refund of up to 1000 US dollars. Prize awards take place annually in October.
Stenberg College offers academic scholarships for students of certain programs (we recommend consulting with a college representative about the right to participate for foreign students):
- Scholarship for the specialty "Cardiological Technologist" (online). Size: $ 1,000, for healthcare or hospital staff
- Scholarship for the specialty "Cardiological Technologist" (Prince Edward Island). Size: $ 5000. Scholarship can be received by two PEI Resident students
- Scholarship for the specialty "Preschool education". Size: $ 1000
- Scholarship for the specialty "Assistant Medical Laboratory" (LifeLabs). Size: $ 2000
- Scholarship for the specialty “Special Education Assistant”. Size: $ 500.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Stenberg College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.