Star Exeter English Language School
Description of Star Exeter English Language School
- Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
- Age of pupils: 16+ years
- Dates: year-round
- Type of accommodation: residence or host family
- Language of instruction: English.
Star Exeter English Language School offers effective, professional English language eduaction. All teachers are accredited to teach English as a foreign language (to work with foreign students), classes do not exceed 12 people - all conditions for the rapid development of skills and knowledge are created here. Each student has an individual curriculum, personal consultations are provided. On average, a student progresses from level B1 and B2 (IELTS 4 and 5, respectively) in 12 weeks.
Education is based on a communicative method: games, exercises, communication tasks are invented - so students share their knowledge with others, hone English speech, understanding and pronunciation, become more confident in their English. Attention is paid to all basic language skills:
- Grammar and writing, vocabulary
- Listening to speech aloud
- Speaking, pronunciation
If desired, the student can receive an additional task at home, up to the scheme of work after his return to his native country. Homework is regularly given (checked daily with detailed comments of the teacher).
The school day is divided into blocks:
- Morning classes
Work with the textbook (selected according to the level of students), relevant materials and modern sources (texts, videos, newspapers), and all of them are selected according to the interests of the group.
- Afternoon Communication classes
These are mainly conversational classes, communication on interests. Such discussions help to quickly apply the knowledge gained in the morning, in real language life, in real situations, "activate" the language. Topics and materials for lessons can be very different - they are usually selected for the interests and tastes of the group.
- IELTS Exam Preparation classes
It is intended for those who plan to take the IELTS exam and want to effectively prepare for it. All blocks are studied - Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing - points for each and the total score for the test are predicted. Such preparation helps to get acquainted with the structure of the exam, pay attention to weaknesses, learn how to correctly allocate time for different tasks. Real materials are used - IELTS tests of the past years.
The school is located in Exeter, the capital of Devonshire, south-east of the UK (2 hours to London by train). It is an ancient (more than 2000 years old) city with a population of 120,000 people, the center of education, medicine, culture and trade of the whole region. The heart of Exeter is its university, Exeter University, which is among the TOP-100 universities in the world. Its magnificent corpus of Romanesque, medieval and Tudor architecture set the visual dominant of the entire city.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Star Exeter English Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Available all year round
- Maximum 25 minutes walk from the school (up to 6 km)
- Minimum booking: 1 week
Living in the house of a real British family (selection is carried out in accordance with the wishes of the student), eating traditional dishes (breakfasts and dinners), immersion in a new culture and language practice with native speakers is a great option. Usually host families are an adult with an adult child or a married couple (with/without children). Some families have pets – this is also discussed with the student.
Room options: private, double (only for students who came together), private with bathroom (if possible, not guaranteed). Each room has a bed, wardrobe, mirror, chest of drawers, most have a desk, TV. Bed linen and towels are provided (change once a week), as well as regular washing, but the room is cleaned by the student personally. Wi-Fi access is available.
- Available in summer (June, July, August)
- Maximum 10 minutes walk from the school
- Minimum booking: 2 weeks.
Modern, cozy residences in the city center are:
- Apartment with private bathroom, shared kitchen
- Studio with private bathroom and kitchen. Can be booked by two students coming together.
Each option has WiFi, a comfortable bed and a wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror and desk, in the studios - TV. Towels and bed linen are not provided (can be booked separately), there is a laundry room.
Cost of living
Host family, private room (per week):
- No meals = 126£
- Breakfast = 140£
- Half board (breakfast + dinner) = 154£
- Half board, room with private bathroom = on request.
Residence (per week):
- Private room with bathroom, shared kitchen = 140£
- Studio with private bathroom and kitchen = 170£
- Kitchen & Bedding Pack = 50£
- Deposit (for cleanliness and safety of property) = £100.
Activities Star Exeter English Language School
For students of Star Exeter English Language School, trips to Oxford, Bristol, Stonehenge, the best beaches and beautiful national parks are arranged.
Here's what each student is encouraged to take with them on their trip:
- Laptop, smartphone or iPad: useful in the classroom, and in extracurricular lessons, and for communication with loved ones
- Travel adapter: remember that sockets in UK are different from ours!
- Umbrella: With the changeable weather in the UK, it's an indispensable thing.
- Beachwear and swimsuit, sun cream, glasses: the school is located near the coast, so in the warm season you will have the opportunity to relax on the beach.
Facilities and equipment at Star Exeter English Language School
Star Exeter English Language School is conveniently located in the city center, within walking distance from shops (Guildhall shopping centre), restaurants, bars, bus stops and city trains. At school, students can use vending machines (tea, coffee, drinks), kitchenette (microwave, toaster, refrigerator and freezer), PC in the common living room, library and prayer room.
Admission dates and extra charges
Pay attention to public weekends and holidays when school is closed:
- January 1-3
- April 2 and 5
- May 3 and 31
- August 30
- December 19-January 3.
Additional costs include:
- Accommodation deposit = 75£
- Registration fee = £75.
Transfer (one way) from the airport:
- Exeter = 25£
- Bristol = 110£
- Heathrow = 240£
- Gatwick = 260£
- Stansted and Luton = £280.
Training materials and manuals:
- For 3+ weeks = £45
- To prepare for IELTS for 3+ weeks = £30.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Star Exeter English Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.