St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
Description of St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
- Established: 1888
- Location: Old Windsor, Berkshire, United Kingdom
- Students age: 7-13
- Number of students: 330
- Type of study: separate, school for boys
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language of instruction: English.
The school was founded in 1888 as a Roman Catholic educational institution. Today it is one of the oldest educational institutions in the country with rich traditions in education. The school respects the values of the Catholic Order of the Jesuits - the teachers of the school set the following goals:
- Balanced training and development of the academic, sports and creative aspects of the personality
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Education of Catholic values.
About 60% of students from Catholic families, however, representatives of other faiths and even atheists choose a school because of the high level of education and attention to children.
- Each student knows about their abilities and talents and focuses on their development
- The school pays special attention to maintaining discipline and increasing the digital competence of children
- Literacy in the information field is considered as one of the most necessary for academic preparation of students.
- An integral part of learning is understanding music through mastering a musical instrument.
- The drama is taught as a compulsory subject from the 5th grade: the guys put on various performances and every year they are more confidently performing in public.
Reaching the age of 13, students enter the top schools in England thanks to the outstanding and versatile education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
Accommodation, meals, prices
- 25% of students live in residences on the school grounds
- In each residential building, teachers live with the children
- The hostels have been modernized and offer comfortable accommodation in modern and comfortable rooms.
- The school provides the opportunity to regularly communicate with family.
Activities St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
The program of extracurricular activities, circles, sections and interest clubs is an important part of studying. Every day after compulsory lessons, students go to play sports, creativity, have the opportunity to delve into the areas of interest to them in clubs of interest. The list of extracurricular activities is very wide:
In addition, school trips and excursions are an integral part of life at school. For example, the boys go to the fire station, where they can feel like real firefighters, visit the police station, where they try on uniforms and play with a specially trained dog. As you grow up, overnight trips are included in the program. The guys spend a lot of time on the south coast for the development of water sports.
Facilities and equipment at St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
The school is located 45 minutes from London. The territory of the school is 40 hectares of countryside on the banks of the River Thames. The architecture of the school was developed by J. F. Bentley. The school’s well-equipped infrastructure includes sports facilities, research laboratories and creative studios. The whole school has been restored and modernized.
- Center for Natural Sciences
- Art studio
- Sports complex
- Playing fields
- Swimming pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration fee
- Excursions, additional classes, events
- Medical insurance.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Foreign students take tests at a local examination center and are interviewed at school.
Foreign children are required to have a guardian - the school recommends contacting professional agencies. Guardian Requirements:
- UK Residency
- Fluency in English
- Age over 25 years.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St. John's Beaumont Private Boarding School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.