St Edward's School (Summer School)
Description of St Edward's School (Summer School)
- Location: Oxford, United Kingdom,
- Established: 1863,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
St Edward's School (Summer School) is a public school in Oxford that provides full-time tuition and boarding accommodation. Unofficially, students and its teachers call this institution "Teddy".
Summer programs are taught on the campus of the school, the main purpose of which is to support each student in achieving his goals. Teachers are sensitive and attentive to all pupils, regardless of their academic and social abilities, helping to study the program in an easy and exciting format.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St Edward's School (Summer School)
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the campus of St Edward's School there are 13 boarding houses. During the academic year, about 65 college students live in each of them, freeing up space for visitors to summer programs in the summer.
Activities St Edward's School (Summer School)
Outside of school hours, students can attend both campus and city events. Each program includes two full-day excursions to local attractions, entertainment centers: cinemas, skating rinks, game rooms and much more will brighten up the study time spent at school.
- A modern approach to learning,
- Qualified teachers with experience,
- Specialized programs of interest,
- Multinationality among students.
Facilities and equipment at St Edward's School (Summer School)
St Edward's School is one of the few boarding schools in the UK that is fortunate enough to be part of a vibrant university city. It covers an area of 100 acres in the north of Oxford and provides modern conditions for learning and easy access to entertainment: museums, galleries, concert venues outside the study area. Bright classrooms, rooms for recreation and communication, walking and sports grounds are open to students during the entire learning process for summer courses.
Admission dates and extra charges
The training lasts for two weeks.
The daily schedule includes 25 lessons, most of which are allocated to English lessons. In the morning, students attend academic classes, go on a profile excursion at lunchtime, and spend time at thematic events in the evenings.
The cost of the program already includes many services and fees:
- Weekly academic classes,
- Necessary training materials,
- Certificate of completion of the course,
- Accommodation in a boarding house on campus,
- Three meals a day: breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as packed lunches on excursion days,
- Wi-Fi in the study area,
- Two excursions per week, including standard expenses: entrance tickets, travel and others,
- Branded souvenirs: stationery, backpacks and much more.
- Registration fee - 100 GBP
The transfer is included in the price upon arrival at Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted and London City airports between 10:00 and 20:00.
In addition, each of the applicants must pay a non-refundable fee for booking a place on the course = £ 500.
The admission procedure consists in the passage of several mandatory stages:
- Contact the admissions office to find out about availability,
- Filling out the registration form and sending the required documents,
- Waiting for a positive response from the admissions committee,
- Payment of a non-refundable deposit for seat reservations,
- Arrival on campus to start training.
Graduates of summer courses are awarded the HubSpot Academy Graded Qualification certificate from GoCreate Examinations, which is an excellent addition to the student's personal portfolio of achievements. The certificate guarantees the admissions officers of schools, colleges and universities the quality of the education received, the level of knowledge of the student and his progress. Along with the certificate of completion of the program, students are issued certified exam results.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Specialized summer courses offered on the campus of the institution require students to have a fairly good knowledge of the English language - from B2 to C1. Also, upon admission, you must provide personal documents:
- Foreign passport of the child and one of his parents,
- Student visa or residence permit to stay in the UK,
- Health insurance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about St Edward's School (Summer School)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.