St Anthony's High School (private school)
Description of St Anthony's High School (private school)
- Year of foundation: 1933
- Location: Huntington, USA
- Age of students: from 14 to 18 years
- Type: private school
- Type of studying: mixed
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 2510.
Opened in 1933, St Anthony's High School has gained great prestige among applicants and the scientific community today. Despite the fact that the percentage of foreign students in the school is small, its great advantage is the presence of the International Educational Center, which teaches students English as a foreign language (ESL), accepting students whose level starts with IELTS 4.0 / IBT 41. The Center staff helps foreign students to adapt to school, advise them on issues of academic and extracurricular nature.
When graduating from high school, students can get not only a standard high school diploma, but also a specialized diploma in business, mathematics, politics, science, art or medicine.
If there is a doubt that the student is absolutely ready to study at High School, then a one-semester trial program is offered, where the student can try his hand and finally decide.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St Anthony's High School (private school)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Saint Anthony High School is located in the nearest suburb of New York - on Long Island, 50 kilometers from Manhattan and 40 kilometers from John F. Kennedy Airport. On the campus of St. Anthony's High School, there are music classrooms, theater, dance studio, creative workshops. There are own chapel, spacious halls for school holidays and events.
However, there are no residences for pupils in the territory: accommodation is organized exclusively in families, the selection of which is done by the school itself, taking into account the proximity of residence, the well-being of the family, the results of the check by the police. This method of placement helps students to quickly adapt to the country, to be directly in the language environment and in the environment of local life and traditions. It is the responsibility of the family to control how the student spends his free time and in which circle he communicates.
Activities St Anthony's High School (private school)
The school encourages the development of creative and sports talents: St Anthony's High School’s physical development and sports program is recognized as the best in the state, and the choir is the most numerous. The school is free to create interest clubs, creative sections, in addition to the choir, there is its own orchestra.
Among sports clubs there are:
- American football
- Ping pong
Creative extracurricular directions:
- The science
- Digital illustration
- UN Model
- Club wall street.
- 99% of school graduates are enrolled in universities, 25% of them in the most prestigious
- The average score of a graduate on the exam SAT - 1683
- Accommodation of foreign students in the host family
- Organized school bus transportation.
Facilities and equipment at St Anthony's High School (private school)
- indoor stadium
- Playing fields
- Creative workshops
- Music classes
- Concert hall.
Admission dates and extra charges
Dates of trimesters
In High School, recruitment is held 2 times a year: in September and in January. University Preparation Year accepts students in September. During the school year, there are regular holidays: summer (July-August) and winter (New Year), and there are “micro-holidays” lasting 3-4 days.
The cost price includes:
- One-time registration fee
- Supervised and supported by school staff
- The cost of the orientation program for beginners
- Homestay with half board
- School bus:
- Uniforms and textbooks
- Vaccinations (if necessary)
- Lunch money.
These conditions are relevant for students with an assessment of the level of English proficiency of at least 6.5. For those who are not very fluent in the language, it is strongly recommended to include in the list of subjects an intensive study of English.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For students from abroad, from the age of 14 years old, the doors of the school are opened to study in the High School Diploma program; from 16 years old, students are invited to attend the one-year course of the University Preparation Year. For enrollment it is necessary to provide the following documents:
- Scoreboard for the last 3 years
- Copy of passport
- Result IELTS or TOEFL (there is an opportunity to pass the test already at school)
- Motivation letter
- English teacher recommendations
- Math teacher recommendations
- Certificate from the bank on the availability of the required amount on the account for tuition fees
- Passport data for medical and application documents.
Scholarships St Anthony's High School (private school)
The school determines scholarships for particularly outstanding students with high academic achievements.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St Anthony's High School (private school)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.