Description of Sophia University
Sophia University ( 上智 大学 ) is a private higher education institution in Japan that has been active in scientific and academic work since the beginning of 191. Now Sophia University is conveniently located in the city of Tokyo, where the small campus and main university buildings are located.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sophia University
With the enviable stability of the past few years, University has taken leading positions in the country.
Facilities and equipment at Sophia University
We are talking about an average in scale higher education institution, where about 15,000 people take a course each year. The faculty of the university is about 1500 teachers of the highest category. The University conducts close cooperation with universities around the world in the field of exchange of experience.
The university has a large library at its disposal. The university also provides students with accommodation in a dormitory. Among other things, Sophia Universit is part of the International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU) university network.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Reception freshmen each year holds a special selection committee. In their decision, experts rely on the results of entrance examinations for each applicant. Both local residents and visitors from different countries can enter the university. This Japanese University approaches the issue of student selection very selectively. As the statistics show, out of 10 applications the university accepts only one. Because it is very important to carefully prepare in advance all the documents for submission and successfully cope with exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Sophia University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.