Sage College - Private School in Spain
Description of Sage College - Private School in Spain
- Year of foundation: 2006
- Location: Jerez de la Frontera, Andalusia, Spain
- Age of students: 7+, 12+ (on boarding)
- Number of students: 380
- Type of training: mixed
- Form of study: full board
- Type of accommodation: residence
- Language of instruction: English, Spanish.
Built on the values of respect, academic excellence and international thinking, Sage College is proud to be located in Jerez de la Frontera (Spain), which will offer the best of British education in a privileged location in the south of Spain.
Jerez is the largest city in the province of Cadiz. It is famous for its sherry, flamenco, guitars and horses. It has an important historical and cultural heritage, as well as "festivals" and traditions that bring together visitors from all over the region.
The people of southern Spain are open-minded, sociable and enjoy the outdoors.
Jerez de la Frontera has excellent land and air links; 15 minutes away, you can enjoy some of the best beaches in the country and you can enjoy every day of the year.
Sage College offers the gold standard of globally recognised UK academic qualifications and is perfect for students from all over the world who wish to study at top universities in the UK, Europe, USA or abroad.
Early Years Levels:
- Pre-kindergarten (18 months to 3 years)
- Nursery (3 - 4 years old)
- Enrollment (5 - 6 years old).
The early years mark the beginning of school life, and children can be enrolled between the ages of 18 months and 5 years. These early years are essential for their personal, social and emotional growth, as well as for learning new languages. It is based on the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which is part of the British National Curriculum.
Teaching is 100% in English, so immersion is complete, getting to know the language from the start.
Sage college promotes each child's overall well-being by guiding them through seven areas of learning:
- Language and Communication
- Physical development Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding of the world around us
- Design and artistic expression
Key Stage 1:
- Year 1 (ages 5-6).
- Grade 2 (6-7 years old)
Key Stage 2:
- Grade 3 (ages 7-8)
- 4th grade (8-9 years old)
- 5th grade (9-10 years old)
- 6th grade (10 to 11 years of age)
In Key Stage 1, students continue to develop their learning by introducing them to the subjects in the curriculum British Studies. In Key Stage 2 students acquire
knowledge and skills that develop your enthusiasm of learning and a better understanding of the world around them.
In addition, they are offering a full program of clubs and extracurricular activities that enrich their school life.
The Sage College fosters a child's development from the perspective of a holistic human being using a personalized and personalized. Sage College helps to achieve high levels of self-esteem, the ability to solve problems, and a sense of pride in everything they do.
Key Stage 3:
- Grade 7 (ages 11-12)
- Grade 8 (ages 12-13)
- Grade 9 (ages 13-14).
In Key Stage 3, Years 7 to 9, the pupils study a wide range of science, humanities and arts subjects in line with the British English curriculum, which will help them in their future subject choices and career decisions.
In addition, they will enrich their curriculum with a wide range of workshops and extracurricular activities that will give them the comprehensive education they need to succeed in life. All this with the introduction of innovative methodologies that encourage students to take an active role in the learning process: inquiry-based learning, experiential learning, and collaborative learning, among others.
Key Stage 4:
- Grade 10 (ages 14-15).
- Grade 11 (ages 15-16)
Key Stage 5:
- Grade 12 (ages 16-17)
- Year 13 (ages 17-18).
In Key Stage 4, the students complete 10th and 11th grades, in which they will study 8 to 10 subjects according to the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) program. With these exams, combined with Spanish language and literature and social studies subjects, students receive a dual degree, Spanish and British Compulsory Secondary Education Certificate (ESO).
At Key Stage 5 our Year 12 and 13 pupils study British A levels. These titles are internationally recognized and will open doors to your future. They can also add Spanish EvAU to their curriculum by completing several Spanish Baccalaureate subjects, thus gaining both qualifications.
Faculties and colleges
At Sage Language School students achieve their goals in learning English, both to improve their daily communication in the language, and to prepare for official Cambridge examinations.
At Sage College Academy, they offer specialized academic guidance and reinforcement at the college (face-to-face and online) to help each student reach their full potential.
They have a wide range of extracurricular activities that include different dance disciplines and a wide range of sports.
Sage Music School offers individual and group classes in instruments, musical language, band and many others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sage College - Private School in Spain
Accommodation, meals, prices
All the comforts of your home in a unique campus community experience
- The suite bedroom
- Common room
- Study room
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Terrace and recreational areas
Activities Sage College - Private School in Spain
- They respect the needs and rights of every member of our community.
- They encourage listening, understanding and support for alternative points of view.
- They show care, kindness and compassion for others.
- They respect the environment inside and outside our school.
- They yearn for excellence: to excel in both our personal lives and in our studies.
- They encourage vision for the future and innovative thinking.
- They provide excellent instruction, supported by comprehensive learning plans tailored to the individual needs of our students.
- They build confidence by supporting the acquisition and development of key skills.
- They are responsible and honest in our actions.
- They welcome diversity.
- They recognise the cultures, languages, perspectives and experiences of our local and global communities.
- They ensure a level of international awareness, commitment and understanding.
- They take every opportunity to connect with our Spanish community.
All subjects taught in English 100% pass rate in A-Levels International teachers
Cambridge international curriculum
Access to all Spanish and International Universities
Proud to be a small, family-centered school
Reduced class sizes All in one campus Clases reducidas
Technology in the classroom
1 to 1 Laptop for Secondary School
Facilities and equipment at Sage College - Private School in Spain
The school was built in 2006 and is located in the quiet countryside of Jerez de la Frontera. The school buildings - spacious and bright. Students get access to:
- The gym
- Outdoor pool
- Sports arena
- Tennis court
- Soccer field
- Basketball, volleyball and handball courts.
- Over 30 fully equipped classrooms
- Science Labs
- IT Lab
- Music & Performing Arts room
- Dining Room
- Patio and garden
Admission dates and extra charges
- 1 trimester: September-December
- 2nd trimester: January-April
- 3rd trimester: April-June.
The price of the programs already includes:
- accommodation (three times a day + 2 snacks)
- school supplies (except textbooks)
- excursions and off-site activities (including electives on weekends)
- basic insurance
- guardianship service
- transfer in both directions.
To be paid separately:
- registration fee = 250 euros
- deposit = 2500 euros (deducted from the amount of the final payment, used to book a place)
- books and teaching materials
- sports academies
- entrance tickets on departures and excursions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Sage College will assist you in the process of enrolling your child in school, from the initial consultation to the moment of enrollment. This process is very simple and transparent, as detailed below. Sage College accepts students from any area of residence, with any abilities and talents. It's not a selective school. Your child can enroll at any time during the course of study and in any age group, as long as there are available places. Sage College's experienced admissions team will guide you through the entire process.
Stages of admission
STEP 1: Contact the Admissions Office
Contact the Sage College Admissions Office to start the first conversation and check availability on your child's course.
STEP 2: Visit the school
Organize a tour of the school with the admissions manager or attend one of the open days. You will be able to get to know the staff, see the school in action and feel the educational atmosphere of the international school.
STEP 3: Confirm Access
Fill out the request form and send us your child's latest school grades. Depending on your child's age, Sage College will schedule a meeting with the head of the relevant department to assess your child's level of English and skills. They will let you know about their observations.
STEP 4: Offer documentation
If the visit is positive and there are free places, they will make a formal offer so that you can confirm your interest in enrolling your child for a certain period of time. If there are no places available for the desired course, the admissions team will put your child on a waiting list and contact you as soon as there is a free place. If you accept an offer of a place, you will be asked to fill out the necessary documents for admission and pay the registration fee to secure a place for your child.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Sage College - Private School in Spain
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.