You can study not only with tutors - there are courses that open up new opportunities for students. Let's talk about the pros and cons of different ways to tighten knowledge?
Group classes are a great option for the hardworking
Classes in groups are chosen by many students - they have many undeniable advantages:
- Affordability - prices for courses in groups are always cheaper than classes with tutors
- Developing valuable learning skills - learning requires engagement and independence from the student
- Mastering social skills - in the classroom, students often communicate, work in pairs and just have an interesting time, sharing experiences and impressions
- Additional opportunities - in the courses before entering the university, you can meet future teachers, and in the language courses , you can quickly master the speaking skills.
But there are also disadvantages to the group format:
- Emphasis on attracting and retaining as many people as possible - as a result, you can get a program with a lot of entertainment content: songs, games, movie views
- The risk of getting on a low-quality course - often course organizers are driven more by the goal of earning than to create a truly high-quality program
- The larger the group, the more difficult it is for the teacher to focus on the needs of each student, and more and more often they look at the "average temperature in the room" - the pace of mastering the material will be adjusted for everyone, and the training is often superficial
- For obvious reasons, missed classes cannot be worked out with a teacher, you have to master the topics yourself.
Tutoring classes - for an in-depth study of the subject
With a good teacher, you can work out the material as much as possible and study at a comfortable pace. The main advantages of classes with a tutor:
- You can choose the duration of the course and the pace of mastering the material yourself
- You can make out all the incomprehensible moments
- The tutor creates an individual program tailored to the needs of the student
- Ability to reschedule classes at a convenient time without losing money.
Disadvantages of taking classes with a private teacher:
- High prices
- Lack of company and a spirit of competition is a tangible disadvantage for sociable students
- Difficulty finding a competent specialist.