Politecnico di Milano
Description of Politecnico di Milano
- Established: 1893
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Number of students: 45,000
- Language of instruction: Italian, English
- Type: state.
The Polytechnic University was founded in 1893, and today it is the oldest educational institution in Milan. It was originally called Istituto Tecnico Superiore, the rector was the famous mathematician Francesco Brioschi, and the campus was located in the heart of the city on Via Senato .
In 1954, thanks to Gene Casinis and Ercole Bottani, the first computer center in Europe was opened on the basis of the Milan Polytechnic University. In 1963, for research conducted in the field of polymers and polypropylene at the university, Giulio Natta received the Nobel Prize. In 1977, together with several companies, university students and teachers created and launched the Sirio space satellite.
In 2000, the university expanded significantly thanks to the construction of new buildings and the opening of the faculty of design, which provides training in graphics, visual effects, clothing design and fashion.
The university is well known internationally. Over 80% of graduates find work within 3 months after graduation.
The amount of tuition fees depends on the level of family income. The maximum figure is $ 3900 per year. Successful students can rely on scholarships, grants and discounts on partial or full tuition.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Politecnico di Milano
- An old school with a special atmosphere
- All training programs are approved by the Italian government and the European credit transfer and accumulation system.
- The Polytechnic University of Milan, thanks to research work, actively interacts with organizations and enterprises of the city
- More than 45,000 students study at 16 faculties
- Busy student life
- The opportunity to study in one of the most beautiful cities in Italy.
Facilities and equipment at Politecnico di Milano
The Polytechnic University of Milan consists of 7 campuses:
To help students, 355 laboratories and 42 libraries were created, the fund of which is more than 500,000 publications.
All university structures are equipped with the latest computer and interactive technology, projectors.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission, applicants must provide:
- Certified translation of secondary school certificate
- TOEFL iBT 80 (minimum) / Academic IELTS 6.0 (minimum)
- Entrance Exam Results
- Certificate of registration fee payment = € 160.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Politecnico di Milano
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.