Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
Description of Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
- Location: London, England,
- Age of students: from 9 to 17 years,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of education: mixed.
Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay) is a language centre offering English language programmes for students of all language levels, from beginner to advanced.
The education takes place on the campus of the year-round school during the summer months. Classes are conducted by experienced teachers who are native speakers and holders of the highest qualifications in the field of education. The programs are rich not only in their academic module, but also in a wide range of extracurricular activities and many other services.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Pupils of the school are placed in host families for the duration of their studies. Families selected in accordance with the British Council Guidelines are regularly inspected and are constantly in touch with the staff of the institution, parents of adopted children. Most often, students settle in double or triple rooms, living next door to the same students of schools and universities. Residents can use the kitchen, bathroom and toilet rooms together with the owners, use free WiFi both on site and at school. Toiletries and towels must be brought with them – they are not available in families. If the student stays with the host family for longer than a week, he can take things to the laundry, which is organized on the weekend.
An important condition for living in a family is compliance with the curfew:
- Students of the younger group up to 14 years old, students in an individual format up to 16 years old must be at home every evening without leaving the territory,
- Junior students from 14 to 15 years old must be home by 8 pm, and from 16 to 17 years old by 11 pm,
- Individual students 16 years old must be home by 9 p.m., unless otherwise allowed by their parents.
Host homes are on average 45 minutes away from the school buildings by public transport.
Breakfast and dinner take place in families, who also provide their pupil with packed lunches for lunch at school. The new occupant's first meal will be dinner upon arrival, and the last will be a packed lunch upon departure.
Activities Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
The curriculum includes field trips that allow students to explore the sights of London and Cambridge, the natural beauty of the area around them, local culture, cuisine and much more.
Popular leisure activities:
- Excursion to Cambridge under the guidance of a guide,
- Museums in South Kensington: natural, historical and others,
- Visit to Camden Town,
- River cruise on the Thames,
- Shopping on Oxford Street, Carnaby Street and Regency Street.
- A rich program for an excellent summer vacation,
- Accommodation in a host family,
- The price already includes many necessary services,
- Round-the-clock attention and care of mentors and teachers.
Facilities and equipment at Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
The school's campus is located in the historic Royal District of Greenwich. The location of Oxford International London is remarkable because it is only a 15-minute walk from London and its main attractions: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the London Eye ferris wheel and others.
On the study territory, bright and large classrooms are prepared for both group and individual lessons. Students have access to places for recreation, communication and self-study: reading, homework.
From campus, the road to the airports takes quite a short time:
- Heathrow – 1 hour 20 minutes,
- Gatwick – 1 hour 20 minutes,
- Stansted is no more than an hour.
A direct route from Greenwich towards London Bridge passes through the railway crossing and takes about 10 minutes.
Admission dates and extra charges
Groups attending classes for one to two weeks are invited to the programs.
A standard school day consists of classes and activities. Approximate schedule of the day in the first week of education:
- Morning: lessons,
- Lunchtime: excursions to Buckingham Palace, the Royal Observatory, the London Tower and other places,
- Evening: relax with the host family.
The price already includes many expenses:
- Full board accommodation in a host family,
- 15 hours of General English lessons per week,
- Group transfer from/to the airport,
- Weekly public transport passes for homestays,
- Program of activities and excursions,
- Learning materials,
- Certificate and certificate of completion of the course.
- Administrative fee – 50£,
- Deposit for applicants – 20% of the total cost.
Additionally and if necessary, you can pay:
- Additional payment for the travel card for students over 16 years old – 20£,
- Visa courier service — 50£,
- Trinity GESE exam – £116.
The applicant needs to book a place in the classroom for himself. Booking takes place when performing several stages, the first of which is filling out the registration form. In it, the future student must indicate personal data: full name, age, medical and psychological characteristics,
The reservation will be completed upon receipt by the admission committee of the completed form and guaranteed upon receipt of a deposit of 20% of the total tuition fee.
Certificates that are issued at the end of the program will be useful to students in the future: when entering universities and colleges, when applying for a job, when obtaining a long-term visa or the need to prove their language skills.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission, applicants will be asked for the following documents:
- Information about personal data: passport, medical insurance, student visa or residence permit, vaccination card,
- Contact information of the next of kin: parents or guardians.
High requirements for students in school are not imposed.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Oxford International London, Greenwich (Summer UK Homestay)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.