American University of Cyprus AUCY
Description of American University of Cyprus AUCY
- Year of foundation: 2021
- Location: Larnaca, Cyprus
- Age of students: from 18 years.
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: private university.
American University of Cyprus (AUCY) was opened on May 27, 2021, on a campus in the heart of Larnaca. The University is focused on the development of higher education standards in Cyprus, aims to become a leading center of excellence in educational experience, raise academic standards in Cyprus, expanding the opportunities of graduates and masters through programs based on intensive practical education, innovative programs, modern equipment.
Faculties and colleges
AUCY has three specialized faculties:
- Business Administration and Economics,
- Science and technology,
- Arts and Humanities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in American University of Cyprus AUCY
Accommodation, meals, prices
American University of Cyprus offers students accommodation in residence.
Activities American University of Cyprus AUCY
The life of the student campus is aimed at the intellectual, professional, social growth of students. Student communities will be opened at the university, uniting young people in groups on hobbies:
- Social Club
- Volleyball club
- Science Club
- Robotics Club
- Maritime Affairs Club
- Hospitality Club in Tourism
- Basketball club
- Football club
- Swimming Club
- Ski Club
- Music Club
- Nutrition Club
- Psychological club.
- American University of Cyprus ensures that all programs meet the highest international standards, while recognizing the distinctiveness of Cypriot culture and philosophy.
- AUCY provides students with extensive academic opportunities, theoretical and practical knowledge that will allow them to succeed in the labor market after graduation.
- The main goal of the university is to provide students with a quality education, to help them become indispensable members of the community in which they will work.
- Highly qualified scientists, researchers working at the university, have solid scientific and teaching experience, attentive to the social, academic growth and development of each student.
- The university plans to launch a campus in Ayia Napa, which, after construction, will accommodate some of the existing faculties and allow the opening of new ones.
- AUCY offers outstanding research opportunities supported by generous funding.
- The educational institution attracts leading international teachers and students to conduct fundamental, purposeful research aimed at solving current world scientific and technological problems.
- AUCY is building a completely eco-friendly campus that meets the standards of European universities.
Facilities and equipment at American University of Cyprus AUCY
AUCY will operate on two campuses: Larnaca and Ayia Napa. The university offers degrees accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education of Cyprus, the European Accreditation Council, as well as an academic exchange program with UMass. AUCY conducts the process of joining several universities around the world, based on their experience in conducting in-demand programs.
Admission dates and extra charges
Training begins in the fall semester, which lasts from September to early February. During this period, winter holidays are provided (approximately December 21-January 7), as well as exams (approximate dates - January 29-February 7). The fall semester is followed by the spring semester, which ends in early summer. Students are waiting for another vacation, rest on international and national holidays, final exams.
An approximate list of additional expenses:
- Accommodation and meals,
- Health insurance,
- Off-campus expenses: public transport, leisure, mobile communications and others.
Applicants need to fill out an online application and provide the required documents, and then, after receiving a positive response from the admissions committee, arrive on campus for an interview and entrance tests. For foreign applicants, tests can be conducted online using Skype or Zoom programs.
At the stage of coordinating the arrival of the student, the admissions staff will help with the registration of a student residence permit, which will allow him to stay in Cyprus throughout the entire period of study.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Requirements for applicants for bachelor's degree:
- Applicants must have a school leaving certificate or its equivalent as determined by the Ministry of Education of Cyprus.
- All applicants must complete high school. A school education or secondary school curriculum must be equivalent to 12 years.
Requirements for admission to the magistracy:
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree.
Requirements for the English entry level:
- TOEFL – minimum score 550 for paper, 213 – for computer, 79 – for Internet testing.
- IELTS – minimum score 6. If a student scores between 5.5 and 6, they will attend supportive language classes in their first year.
- IGCSE – "C" score in English.
Students can take the AUCY English Entrance Test.
Scholarships American University of Cyprus AUCY
American University of Cyprus provides students with several types of scholarships:
- Merit scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding academic qualifications.
- Financial assistance is provided first on the basis of need and then on the basis of academic performance. To be eligible for financial aid, a undergraduate student must be accepted or enrolled in the AUCY on a full-time basis. Students must demonstrate financial needs, have a satisfactory academic performance.
- AUCY athletic scholarships are awarded to members of the university team. The main purpose of the sports scholarship is to provide talented students involved in sports with the opportunity to study at AUCY and engage in university sports. To qualify, a student must be a member of a national team or Club (first or second division), have confirmed school success, demonstrate team spirit. The size of the scholarship depends on the level of academic performance and needs.
- Some job seekers may receive additional financial assistance in the form of work-study. The amount earned will be deducted from the tuition fees of students. The type of work and place will be assigned to the student by the Financial Assistance Authority.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about American University of Cyprus AUCY
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.