OISE York Summer School is one of the summer centers from international network in England. The school operates on the basis of Queen Ethelburga's College campus. The school has modern equipment, interactive teaching aids. Lessons are conducted by professional teachers. This, as well as the motivation of students to gain knowledge,determines the level of effectiveness of programs.
Summer school attracts attention, certainly, not only by academic indicators. The school is chosen due to its location. Founded in the 1st century, York is one of the most touristy cities in England. Here a large part of the British historical heritage is concentrated. Summer school will be the best choice for students to improve English and get acquainted with history, culture of England.
Short information. Standard English course, designed for at least 2 weeks, providing for the study of the main language aspects.
About the course. The language course is designed for 2 - 6 weeks. The academic load is 30 lessons per week. In the classroom, students learn grammar, vocabulary. Much attention is paid to communicative practice. The program participants also have to work on the development of reading, writing, listening skills. Classes are held in an interactive form.
Students age: 12 - 13 years (starting dates: 03/07 to 30/07/2016, 2-4 weeks), 14-17 years (starting dates: 03/07 to 13/08/2016; 2,3,4,6 weeks)
Requirements for admission: English - from A1.
The result of the training: development of the basic language skills, gaining confidence in the conversation.[ 999.16] Class size: up to 8 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Cost: of GBP 2,490 for 2 weeks, 3,700 for 3 weeks, 4,910 pounds for 4 weeks, 7,330 pounds For 6 weeks (the price includes educational services, meals, accommodation, extra-curricular and excursion programs, and a transfer upon arrival and departure from England).
School accommodation is offered at the residence on campus. Students live in rooms for 4 - 6 people. Traditionally for British boarding houses, conveniences are on the floor.
Boarding (three meals a day) is offered. The dining room is on campus within walking distance from the educational building.
Extracurricular program is divided into daily and weekly modules. The first include sports games, activities, creative pursuits, walks on campus, parties, discos, barbecues and so on. Once a week, off-site excursions are organized for summer camp students: Manchester, York, Liverpool.
School day starts at 9:30, ends about 15:30.
OISE York School is based on Queen Ethelburga's College. It is located on 40 hectares of picturesque territory, numerous sports grounds, play areas, tennis courts, football fields. The school also has a swimming pool, its own cinema hall, a canteen and a medical center. Lessons are held in modern classrooms. Students also have a computer class, Wi-Fi, a library.
Established time of transfers (included in the cost of study): arrival - Sunday 9-00 - 19-00, departure - Saturday 12-00 - 20-00.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.